• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Trade for Allen Iverson

bisonblu

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He's been in the league long enough to make that call. Prominent NBA vets have been doing this for years. It's no different than us trading Al to Indiana. He made the choice of where he wanted to go and we made the trade accordingly. If we can do that for Al who was with us for only a few years(and very limited success), can't the Sixers do the same for Iverson?
confused.gif

seriously. you cannot condone this type of bad behavior. athletes are role models whether they like it or not. this poses as a horrible example to the inner city children who idolize Allen Iverson.

Allen's behavior says to me it's ok to not go to work because I do not like my boss.

Do you know how many people quit their jobs eveyday because they do not like their boss? Let me put this in layman's terms. He did not like Mo Cheeks as his boss(coach). He wants a transfer(trade). He wants a transfer(trade) to a place of his choosing just like any other employee would want(and have received in the past). Iverson is responsible for any success that Philly has had in recent years whether you like him personally or not. He is what he is, and I respect that. I'm tired of face-men and "image guys". As far as him being a role model, blame society's screwed up values for putting a guy who puts an orange ball through a hoop for a living on a pedestal without any consideration for the "man inside". Now what if Garnett wanted to be traded to a "title contender?" like people have been suggesting lately. Does that make him a bad person? What's wrong with a guy wanting to control his own future? We do it everyday confused.gif

you should look into becoming a life coach. i think you would make a good one.

pro·fes·sion·al·ism / Pronunciation[pruh-fesh-uh-nl-iz-uhm]

–noun 1. professional character, spirit, or methods.

2. the standing, practice, or methods of a professional, as distinguished from an amateur.

Iverson's behavior is not only amateurish, it's bush league.

I can't be a life coach as I am personally too erratic and undisciplined grin.gif It seems like this thing with you and Iverson is about more than his professionalism. It sounds personal. And you konw what? That's your business. A lot of people made up their minds about the guy before he entered college anyway. He's not exactly my cup of tea either. I would expect any player earning a paycheck to practice with his teamates. But if him deciding where he wants to work for the remaining years of his career is "bush league" and amateurish, than every working man and woman in this country is "bush league" and amateurish. The NBA is a business and you have to go where you think you can succeed.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

I tried one of those deals myself and this one works.....

Atlanta Trades

Marvin Williams

Josh Childress

Tyrone Lue

Philadelphia Trades

Allen Iverson

That deal would not have to wait until Friday to go through.

AI/Speedy/Bozeman

JJ/Salim

Smoove/Frejie

Shelden/Solomon

Zaza/Lo/Batista

Lue/Ollie

AI/Korver/Green

Chillz/Carney

Webber/Marvin/Randolph

Dalembert/Hunter

Personally, I'd hate to give up on Marvin now, but it does look pretty decent for both teams........feel free to beat me up now for trading Marvin and Chillz.........

Bozeman, Salim, Frieje, Solomon and Batista is our bench.

That's the worst bench in the history of the Nba.

lol