• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The uncomfortable truth

exodus

Quote:

To say Marbury has been a ballhog his entire career is just stupid and you obviously don't watch these guys play.

You got it backwards.

Marbury and AI do the exact same thing that every gripes about with Lue. They dribble around and around looking to score while everyone stands around. When the D stops them from scoring they pass out to one of the guys standing around watching.

The difference is that AI and Marbury do it a lot more and are a lot better at it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

That said, I'm not worried about it because I think he'll be a all-star caliber player in the league. He has all the physical tools and skills to be that type of player.

I agree. I think Marvin can be that player but until he actually is that player the hawks won't be contenders.

There have been many posts about someone stepping up to be the secondary scorer to JJ. Bottom line is that there is only one guy on the roster who fits that bill.

Quote:

Lue is NOWHERE near the caliber of players Iverson and Marbury are. So don't even try to compare them. Thats laughable

Of course they aren't the same. But they do the same things. They dribble around looking to score first, if they can't score then they pass.

Obviously AI and Marbury are better. Lue has been a bench player his whole career. Duh.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. Iverson is a ballhog who plays zero defense ...

Do you even watch NBA basketball? That is the MF-in stupidest quote I have ever seen.

AI averages more assists than ANYBODY on our current team. So that makes him a ballhog? see TLue. blush.gif

PS: see steals stats - no AI can't control the phuckin paint. confused.gif

No, I've been going to Hawks games in person since Eddie Johnson was in Atlanta so obviously I've never watched the NBA.

Anyone who really watches the NBA knows Iverson is an undersized guard who plays zero defense, has a gigantic ego and only scores points by throwing up a ton of attempts. The fact he manages to scrap out a few assists in his constant manipulation of the ball means nothing to me. Starbury is exactly the same. Do you want him too?

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. Iverson is a ballhog who plays zero defense ...

Do you even watch NBA basketball? That is the MF-in stupidest quote I have ever seen.

AI averages more assists than ANYBODY on our current team. So that makes him a ballhog? see TLue. blush.gif

PS: see steals stats - no AI can't control the phuckin paint. confused.gif

There is no valid reason to say AI plays no defense. It is a smoke screen, something to discredit that is not valid. When you talk about "No Defense" start with Steve Nash. AI plays very good defense and allways had. In the past three years he has averaged 2.3 steals, 7.5 assist and 32 points with teams focused on attempts to contain him.

• Admin

I'd rather take the slow road to respectability than dump what could very well be our 2nd best player for a guy who, when it's all said and done, still wouldn't make us a finals contender.

AI wants to go to a contender. He wants to be that missing piece guy. We are nowhere near being that kind of team. Bringing him here wouldn't be much different than leaving him in Philly or sending him to Charlotte.

Quote:

...Anyone who really watches the NBA knows Iverson is an undersized guard who plays zero defense, has a gigantic ego and only scores points by throwing up a ton of attempts. The fact he manages to scrap out a few assists in his constant manipulation of the ball means nothing to me. Starbury is exactly the same. Do you want him too?

I normally agree with you Sothron...but now I realize that you are totally...............insane. grin.gif

• Premium Member

Iverson, Starbury and Francis are three players that are routinely linked to the Hawks and none of them are worth their money. None of them play a lick of defense. I'm just sick of having to put up with these rumors linking them to our team.

Quote:

There is no valid reason to say AI plays no defense.

Go to any Philly board and ask them about AI's defense. You will find that he doesn't stop penetration from his man, doesn't pressure the ball at all, and is constantly cheating off his man for steals leaving the guys behind him to cover for him.