• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I want Paul Silas to coach the Hawks!

terrynoonan

He played for the Hawks, and has a proven record of winning in the NBA. Certainly more than what we've had recently. Here's a look at his record. Please exclude the Clippers term.

Paul Silas

Overall: 321 - 370

Playoffs: 13 - 16

Year Team Season Playoffs

1980 SDC 36 - 46 0 - 0

1981 SDC 17 - 65 0 - 0

1982 SDC 25 - 57 0 - 0

1998 CHA 22 - 13 0 - 0

1999 CHA 49 - 33 1 - 3

2000 CHA 46 - 36 6 - 4

2001 CHA 44 - 38 4 - 5

2002 NOH 47 - 35 2 - 4

2003 CLE 35 - 47 0 - 0

2004 CLE 34 - 30 0 - 0

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Mike Woodson needs to go we are the youngest team in the NBA and hes not the right guy to coach these guys. I actually think he is damaging the young guys. Because when guys are young they need to be taught the right way or else they could play the same crappy way for there rest of there careers. Our young players are not developing fast enough under Mike Woodson. Look at Don Nelson in Golden State he has turned Biedrins and Ellis in not even half a season into legit young stars on the rise. These guys are gonna be very good players in the league. Don Nelson has always been known for developing young players. Mike Woodson for the time he has been here has not done a great job at all. We need a coach that will make this team play to its strength and that is run the ball. Why the hell is this team not running the ball this is really pissing me off. We have one of the most atheltic teams in the whole league and they are not RUNNING. Any new coach that would come here would make thsi team run everytime they got the ball. Im sick of this Woodson with his JOKE OF SUBS frieje should never ever play and Lorezn Wright is horrible. I dont know how much longer Mike Woodson has but if he DOESNT develop these young players better and starts WINNING HE BETTER BE FIRED SOON. Im sick and tired of seeing this guys dumb ass look on his face when something goes wrong like he has no idea wat the heck hes doing out there.

1) WHEN to fire Mike Woodson?

2) Would BK (ever?) fire his hand-picked, Sidney-Lowe like, IMO firewall coach, who takes the heat off him?

3) Who is realistically available to replace Mike Woodson?

I believe the time will be no sooner than later this year, as doing so now doesn't buy BK another year. If he fires Woody now then BK doesn't have a firewall for the season. BK won't do that to himself. If he waits until after the season several other teams will have already fired their coaches, be in the market, and perhaps the best coaching prospects will be spoken for. Recall our coaching search after firing Stotts.

If he fires Woody later this season BK positions the team for a new hire early enough while not putting his job at risk. While I detest this type self-preservation move if it is to occur, I would hate keeping Woody too long and costing us the best options even more.

W

I know. I hate thinking about it. I don't think Silas could work for BK. I just think he would bring the toughness and old school mentality that we need. I know you have issues with BK. I think these players could win though. His choice of a coach is my major issue with him. Who do you think would work for BK? Also, can the ASG fire BK?

• Premium Member

Woodson isn't going anywhere this season. And I hate to say this but no real coach like Silas will want to come to the Hawks until our ownership situation is fixed. Why come here and have the risk that the "other" guy wins and you get fired?

Quote:

I got three words. STAN VAN GUNDY! He would like nothing better than come into the SE divsion and stick it to Pat Riley, who stole his job.

I remember hearing a story when we were trying to get Izzo. Supposedly, he and Jeff Van Gundy are friends. Jeff was working for Turner at the time, I think. He told Izzo to stay far away from the Hawks situation. So, my question is, would he not give the same advice to his own brother.

P.S. I like Stan. I just think of that story when I hear his name.

• Admin

First off, nobody here is EVER going to be satisfied with ANY coach. You guys moan and groan about the coach, but it wouldn't matter who we had, you would all still be bitching about something.

Second, it's silly of you to say that he's "damaging our young players". The fact that they still try and still give effort after some pretty bad seasons is the only sign I need to know that nothing he's doing is hurting our players. As I said above, you may not agree with his x's and o's, but you wouldn't agree with more than 50% of what any coach did and that's a fact.

He can't give Josh Smith the skills he's never had (and doesn't seem interested in developing) and he can't control injuries. He can't make Speedy the shooter he's never been. We've seen that when they're healthy, they obviously have the ability to be a solid team and he deserves as much credit for that as anyone, including Joe.

I swear that if there was such a thing as ADD, I'd put money on it that many people here would have it. Where were all these posts when we were healthy and starting the season strong? There weren't many of them. Then we get a bunch of injuries to some pretty key players and people act like we should still be winning.

Where is the rational thought? Where is the application of logic? Are we humans or cats who have 7 second memories? Sometimes reading posts around here is like watching a monkey try to [censored] a football...

Quote:

I know. I hate thinking about it. I don't think Silas could work for BK. I just think he would bring the toughness and old school mentality that we need. I know you have issues with BK. I think these players could win though. His choice of a coach is my major issue with him. Who do you think would work for BK? Also, can the ASG fire BK?

having the old school mentality and toughness are probably the ONLY things we ALREADY HAVE that Mike Woodson brings. if Woodson brings anything, it's those things. BUT he doesnt bring the x's and o's it seems.

Quote:

First off, nobody here is EVER going to be satisfied with ANY coach. You guys moan and groan about the coach, but it wouldn't matter who we had, you would all still be bitching about something.

Second, it's silly of you to say that he's "damaging our young players". The fact that they still try and still give effort after some pretty bad seasons is the only sign I need to know that nothing he's doing is hurting our players. As I said above, you may not agree with his x's and o's, but you wouldn't agree with more than 50% of what any coach did and that's a fact.

He can't give Josh Smith the skills he's never had (and doesn't seem interested in developing) and he can't control injuries. He can't make Speedy the shooter he's never been. We've seen that when they're healthy, they obviously have the ability to be a solid team and he deserves as much credit for that as anyone, including Joe.

I swear that if there was such a thing as ADD, I'd put money on it that many people here would have it. Where were all these posts when we were healthy and starting the season strong? There weren't many of them. Then we get a bunch of injuries to some pretty key players and people act like we should still be winning.

Where is the rational thought? Where is the application of logic? Are we humans or cats who have 7 second memories? Sometimes reading posts around here is like watching a monkey try to [censored] a football...

You sound like one of BKs followers or something. We are doing ok, stay the course, were hurt , Woodson is doing a great job. Give me a break this guy is terrible. INJURYS OR NO INJURYS this team does not play like it should and that falls on the coach PERIOD.

Woodson has a pathetic record in his 3 seasons how much time and excuses are you gonna give this guy. This guy is a Rookie Head Coach trying to teach young players how to play and develop in the NBA that is a not a good mix at all. We need a veteran coach who knows how to coach these guys Woodson is just new at this our young players are. Just look around the NBA not many new/rookie head coaches have taken over a rebuilding franchise and had success. He can get more out of these young players and hes not getting it that falls on the coach. Those two losses against the Kings and Knicks were down right embarassing but this guy keeps getting praise. Just look wat Don Nelson has done in Golden state in less then half a season. I love how people think this guy is a good coach hes so far from it. Hes always been a suspect coach and so are his moves. He has some of the worst subsition patterns in the world. Also explain to me why like a team like the Hawks are not running the ball. Lets hear the excuses it seems like this guy is getting a free pass this team is injured he has not done a good job here anyone who thinks that needs to be checked out.

I'm done with you. You have never played basketball for a coach. If you had you would know he sucks. You just want to toot your own horn. You sound like an arrogant christian. We just don't get it. We haven't seen the light, right? STFU with your no-knowledge posts. Stay in the effing lounge or something. I played organized sports my whole life. I still play in rec. leagues. I have been a ref for youth leagues and high school games. Tell me, where did you play? Come to my gym anytime. I doubt I'll see you there. I have never liked Woody. Go post your garbage somewhere else.

Quote:

Quote:

having the old school mentality and toughness are probably the ONLY things we ALREADY HAVE that Mike Woodson brings. if Woodson brings anything, it's those things. BUT he doesnt bring the x's and o's it seems.

Woodson is in no way, tough. He was a 2 guard and small forward scorer who never played for a very good team in the pros. Just because he landed on Detroit's staff for a few years does not mean that he made Wallace, Billups, etc., tough. They already were.