• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

D. Howard, is it possible...

ATLFANNCO

Quote:

Quote:

I have it from good sources, the same ones inside the Hawks and that Jaywalker used (not all but some) and he (Howard) has always wanted to be a Hawk and he'd like to play for the home team. He's keeping it quiet because he knows he is on his rookie contract and has no chance of leaving for at least a couple of more seasons. But he absolutely is considering Atlanta. I'm not saying its 100% he's coming here but it sure as hell is something he's been considering since he got drafted.

I believe it. But unfortunately that was probably before Orlando turned into the best team in the East. He is definitely less inclined to leave now that they are actually a decent team and will probably generate a fan base.

what is sad is we didn't suck enough for us to draft him a couple years ago.

Quote:

We did suck enough to draft him, Orlando got lucky with the number combinations. Didn't we come within one pingpong ball of getting the #1 pick, but in the end we dropped a few spots?

we tied the clippers

we lost the coinflip against them so they got the set of balls (with 1 more than ours) that hit for the #2 spot

if we had hit #2, we would have howard since ORL was on the fence between howard/okafor and we coulda given them something to swap picks...they'd get someone they were 49% on and would get some sweetener and would pay less by taking him #2

but alas, we didn't get that #2...we got #6 in what was considered a 5-man draft (howard/okafor/livingston/gordon/harris) so we couldn't move up

Quote:

Quote:

We did suck enough to draft him, Orlando got lucky with the number combinations. Didn't we come within one pingpong ball of getting the #1 pick, but in the end we dropped a few spots?

we tied the clippers

we lost the coinflip against them so they got the set of balls (with 1 more than ours) that hit for the #2 spot

if we had hit #2, we would have howard since ORL was on the fence between howard/okafor and we coulda given them something to swap picks...they'd get someone they were 49% on and would get some sweetener and would pay less by taking him #2

but alas, we didn't get that #2...we got #6 in what was considered a 5-man draft (howard/okafor/livingston/gordon/harris) so we couldn't move up

Yes. BK's worst move ever: Not giving away Sura to a contender. That dude has screwed the franchise worse than Hendu, Konkak and Norman combined.

Quote:

It won't surprise me if he does the same thing LeBron, Melo and Wade did this past offseason, sign a short term extension in order to get a larger max contract as a free agent. So there's always a possibility he could end up here, but probably not for another 3-4 years or so.

3-4 years from now we might not need him.

Imagine how good Smoove and Marvin could be then.

Quote:

Quote:

It won't surprise me if he does the same thing LeBron, Melo and Wade did this past offseason, sign a short term extension in order to get a larger max contract as a free agent. So there's always a possibility he could end up here, but probably not for another 3-4 years or so.

3-4 years from now we might not need him.

Imagine how good Smoove and Marvin could be then.

I don't care how good smoove+marvin becomes, we could still be infinitely better with Howard in the mix. Perennial championship better. I could strangle Sura now