• Raised $440 of $700 target

AI to Denver

lifelong

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd be interested in Miller.

also I think Denver is one of the worst destinations for AI. replacing a true PG in Miller with AI in the starting lineup will not result in more efficiency as a team. also there is only 1 basketball. AI is shooting 41% from the field and 22% from 3 pt range.

in short there will be a brief honeymoon and then reality will set in after Melo returns. if Melo defers to AI this could work out for a while. If Melo starts to get a little upset after seeing his shots go down this thing will be a trainwreck.

BTW, Denver traded a large soda and box of Cracker Jacks for AI. Philly fans cannot be happy about this trade.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We are under the cap already so couldn't we make it work for less or is Miller that overpaid?

Yeah, the Hawks could take on some $7M of Miller's salary for this season before they have to send some back...

Claxton makes in 4 years what Miller makes in the next 3, FWIW.

Quote:

Quote:

Speedy + Lorenzen for Miller would work salary wise, but Philly wouldn't do that.

We are under the cap already so couldn't we make it work for less or is Miller that overpaid?

Well I think the problem is really that we don't have any "good" expiring contracts or young talent (unless you're willing to part w/ one of the joshes or marvin) to give them.

I think this is an absolute steal for Denver. It probably hurts giving those two picks away since this might be a deep draft, but man.....

AI

JR Smith

Melo

Martin

Camby

That's a monster starting 5 when everybody gets healthy and isn't suspended.

Quote:

I think this is an absolute steal for Denver. It probably hurts giving those two picks away since this might be a deep draft, but man.....

AI

JR Smith

Melo

Martin

Camby

That's a monster starting 5 when everybody gets healthy and isn't suspended.

well, martin is out for the year, but even if you plug najera into his spot it looks good to me. who knows if he'll ever be healthy.

Honestly I think Philly likes Miller. He is a top 10PG in this league who fills the stat sheet up every night. He will make Iggy, Dalembert and Korver better players than AI ever would. Philly is stacked with 3 picks in next years draft, one of them being their own which is going to definitely be a lottery pick. This is draft is supposed to be one of the deepest in years too. All in all this isn't really a bad deal for Philly considering the timing of AI's trade demands. Plus Joe Smith's contract is expiring and Miller's contract comes off the books the same year as Webber's so they will have TONS of capspace soon. They could be back in the playoffs sooner than you think really depending on who they get in this next draft.

Well JJ came here to play with all our high school players and draft picks right!!! They will have tons of capspace when Miller and Webber's contracts come off the books in 2 yrs. as well to sign whoever. So what do you mean who will come to Philly? Whoever wants to get paid. Its all about money obviously. BTW Philly isn't like our Hawks man. They haven't been one of the worst teams in the NBA for the last 30yrs. DUH!!