• Raised $440 of $700 target

AI to Denver

lifelong

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

THey are going to have a lot of trouble with out a point guard there. Miller was a huge reason Denver was successful. It will be interesting to see how they can integrate AI into the offense without a pg. I know he can get assists but he looks for his own shot and there is a reason why Ollie was playing alongside him a lot more instead of Willie Green and Kyle Korver. He needs a playmaker of some sort to play with.

I would love for us to get Miller from Philly. I have been wanting him for years. He would make us a playoff team with his playmakiing and defence. Philly might be willing to get rid of his contract for a shorter one like Lue's plus change.

Quote:

On the bright side, that opens up another gaurd spot on the east all-stars for JJ.

EXCELLENT point.

I think this trade will work out well for both teams. Denver got a little stronger (probably #4 in the west now behind SA-DAL-PHX, in the second tier with LA-UTA-HOU), and philly can finally rebuild and see what their young guns can do when given a chance. I forsee Andre to Andre becoming a regular highlight reel with Miller getting Iguodala many easy dunks.

Philly now has the PG set, and they have 3 1st rounders. If things go well for them they can be set at the C after the draft, with some decent young swingmen in between.

AI-Carmelo is nasty on paper, but neither one makes anyone else better, and neither one plays much D (other than AI gambling for steals in the passing lane). They should have a high scoring offense though for sure. It should be interesting to see if they still get all the easy alley oops or if it was all Miller.

Quote:

Quote:

Who in the hell is going to Philly to play with Iggy and the Draft Picks?

it's called rebuilding. hopefully unlike you Philly fans take their meds and don't spam message boards in a weakass attempt to contact the team's owners.

LOL many of you may disagree but after looking at it a few hours later i think this is spot on!

Quote:

THey are going to have a lot of trouble with out a point guard there. Miller was a huge reason Denver was successful. It will be interesting to see how they can integrate AI into the offense without a pg. I know he can get assists but he looks for his own shot and there is a reason why Ollie was playing alongside him a lot more instead of Willie Green and Kyle Korver. He needs a playmaker of some sort to play with.

I would love for us to get Miller from Philly. I have been wanting him for years. He would make us a playoff team with his playmakiing and defence. Philly might be willing to get rid of his contract for a shorter one like Lue's plus change.

Why would Philly trade Miller to us? Sounds like a pipe dream.

Their cap has to be murder.

This came off of another board:

I think Lue plus the indy first rounder would be a great trade for both teams. Atlanta gets a major upgrade at PG and makes a push for the playoffs. Phoenix has their first rounder this season so they might as well improve as much as they can. Plus the sixers would save a ton of cash on the luxury tax this season. The only reason the Hawks wouldn't make this trade would be claxton, but no one is going to take claxton off of their hands so they might as well take the free upgrade in talent.

Any takers on this deal? What could we get for our first rounder that would come close to Miller?

• Admin

It depends on how competitive we want to be. Indy's pick will be somewhere between 14 - 19, so it potentially will be a player that won't make an impact for a little while. With Miller we become competitive now however we take on his salary. I would do it but I would expect nothing less then a playoff spot with the new lineup.

Quote:

Honestly I think Philly likes Miller. He is a top 10PG in this league who fills the stat sheet up every night. He will make Iggy, Dalembert and Korver better players than AI ever would. Philly is stacked with 3 picks in next years draft, one of them being their own which is going to definitely be a lottery pick. This is draft is supposed to be one of the deepest in years too. All in all this isn't really a bad deal for Philly considering the timing of AI's trade demands. Plus Joe Smith's contract is expiring and Miller's contract comes off the books the same year as Webber's so they will have TONS of capspace soon. They could be back in the playoffs sooner than you think really depending on who they get in this next draft.

...and I agree it's better than people think. I'd absolutely love 3, 1st rd picks in the coming draft and if Philly gets a top 3 pick with their own pick they may come out on top of this deal.

W