If you are rooting for the Hawks to loose for the rest of

the season, go root for someone else.

Hawks have had enough loosing. Obtaining one extra player,

which we might or might not be able to draft, depending

on the luck in the lottery, is a very poor excuse for

wanting the Hawks to loose.

blush.gif

too talented= lol

I think the 6ers will start winning and we will start losing. you know when we are losing the posters just stop posting on this site.

If we are out of the top 3 that will suck.

Not routing for them to lose. Not sure how you even got that from my post since I specifically said they are too talented to finish with such a bad record.

Obviously I would love it if the Hawks could get Oden but I don't see the Hawks being bad enough to have a legitimate shot.

• Premium Member

If Greg Oden is going to be as good as advertised and we could guarantee the Hawks could get him by losing every game the rest of the year...hell yes I'd love to see that happen.

But the lottery does not work that way. And we have no idea how good Oden really is going to be. I'm not dogging the kid, I'm sure he'll be great, but since there is a lottery in place tanking a season really doesn't help you all that much.

Quote:

and draft Oden

Oden>>> anyone on the Hawks but JJ.

And I hope you never post here again if you're going to post this nonsense.

#1 There would still only be a 1/4 chance of us drafting him even if we had the worst record in the NBA.

#2 Since we are the Hawks we probably would secretly have an even lower chance than that.

#3 This is the most ridiculous post I've ever seen.

Quote:

too talented= lol

I think the 6ers will start winning and we will start losing. you know when we are losing the posters just stop posting on this site.

you, my friend, have lost your mind. or either you too young to drink or vote. i don't even know where to start.

So in your genius basketball mind, you actually think that now that we're getting all of our players back WE WILL ACTUALLY START LOSING MORE? and that for a team trying to make the playoffs, being out of the top 3 will suck?

maybe you should lay off the underage drinking.

Quote:

Quote:

too talented= lol

you, my friend, have lost your mind. or either you too young to drink or vote. i don't even know where to start.

So in your genius basketball mind, you actually think that now that we're getting all of our players back WE WILL ACTUALLY START LOSING MORE? and that for a team trying to make the playoffs, being out of the top 3 will suck?

maybe you should lay off the underage drinking.

maybe the info hasn't arrived to you yet, but the Hawks aren't any good.

• Premium Member

you only have a 25% chance of getting #1 even if you are the worst team. Oden isn't even guaranteed to come out.

With our luck, we'd be the worst team in the league and get #4, and give it to the Phoenix Suns. That's one reason I want to do good this year, to give the Suns a horrible pick so they regret the trade..

When I saw this post, I knew what the replies would be:

"Anybody who talks about tanking isn't a real fan!"

"How can you want us to lose?"

"Waaaaaah! You upset me!"

...and other such self-righteous vilification

I've never understood this line of reasoning. You people just like to chime in with that stuff because it's what you think you're supposed to say to show your loyalty. Give this guy a break. Why does it mean he's not a fan because he wants to get a franchise center and win a couple of NBA championships? Maybe you're not fans because you're not willing to endure whatever hardship to get to the title. Think about that for a sec.

I wonder how bad some poor Spurs fan got blasted when he said "Well, on a positive note..." after David Robinson went down for the season. I'm sure he got plenty of "Get out of here troll! You're not a real fan!". I'm sure those same hot-heads celebrated the championships Duncan brought just the same, though.

I don't want the Hawks to lose. I want this team to make the playoffs, and I still think they will. BUT, make no mistake about this: if losing this season is what it takes to get a franchise center and make 3-4 NBA finals appearances in the next 10 years, that's what I want to do. It's not even a close decision. And please don't reply with probabilities. I know 'em better than you anyway.