• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Answer to our Interior Problems

Johnnybravo4

http://www.davidandersen.com.au/profile.html

Plain and simple. We are 8 effin million under the cap. Give CSKA Moscow 5 million and a case of Smirnoff and get him over here.

Pay him 3 years 21 million dollars. It is as simple as that? Who are we saving money for? What free agent this summer will be as good as DA? What person could we draft in the 20's that will be as good as DA?

He would have to adjust to NBA play but he is a grizzled veteran. And we have good enough talent on this team to convince DA that he could be successful here.

What the F*ck are we waiting on.

Hell sign this Medvedenko guy at least. Waive Lo Wright and sign this big dude. He can't be any worse than the HORRID Lazy Lo Wright. What leadership is this clown bringing to out team? All he does is commit STUPID bonehead fouls like the one on Fisher's 3 pointer last night and plays ZERO defense. BK got duped by Lo Wright on this signing . Man what a joke he is. IS this Andersen guy any good? I haven't heard much about him.

i saw him play when he was on TV playing the clippers. he was very good and did decent against chris kaman. brand got him a couple of times though. wither way he would be an upgrade from lorenzen. problem is though is that he is loyal to the team that pays him and wouldn't ask for a buyout. really it would have to be us giving CSKA an offer they couldn't refuse which isn't going to happen while this ownership battle is still going on.

Quote:

can anybody quickly interpret the weight and height in inches/feet?

He's 6'9 and wouldn't provide what we need.

I wouldn't be opposed to signing Peter John Ramos from the NBDL. He's an unalocated NBDL'er, so he's basically free. Give him Lo's minutes for 10-days and see what happens. At 7'3 290, he brings the height and strength we need to keep people from just walking into the paint for easy layups all game.

We're labeling a guy who has never played a minute in the NBA as The Answer?

Reminds of the Batista hype. The way some people here were talking, you would have thought we struck oil under Philips Arena. People were going crazy when it looked like he might sign with Golden State instead. He signed here, and it turns out he wasn't quite as good as hyped. (Although, right now, I'd like to see Batista get some minutes. If nothing else, maybe he would show the rest of our team how to properly commit a foul. Hell, trade for Mardy Collins while we're at it...I've seen enough +1 plays to last me all season.)

• Premium Member

Quote:

i saw him play when he was on TV playing the clippers. he was very good and did decent against chris kaman. brand got him a couple of times though. wither way he would be an upgrade from lorenzen. problem is though is that he is loyal to the team that pays him and wouldn't ask for a buyout. really it would have to be us giving CSKA an offer they couldn't refuse which isn't going to happen while this ownership battle is still going on.

that is all that needs to be said. There is no way he comes over here until the ownership situation is settled. How many times does this need repeating? We seriously need a stickied post explaining the limitation of our ownership and personell decisions.

Quote:

We're labeling a guy who has never played a minute in the NBA as The Answer?

Reminds of the Batista hype. The way some people here were talking, you would have thought we struck oil under Philips Arena. People were going crazy when it looked like he might sign with Golden State instead. He signed here, and it turns out he wasn't quite as good as hyped.

Anderson is no Batista, but what you said is funny. We are pathetic.

• Premium Member

The current owners are not going to spend any more money on the team than they have to spend because of the fact they could easily lose all their money invested into this team for almost no return. It would not make good business sense to do it. Just like why they won't fire Knight or Woodson or bring in guys with big salaries like Iverson. Its not going to happen, at all, until the ownership situation is finished. I know it sucks, trust me, it kills me too but its not going to go away because the fans are tired of it.

...and can't finish what he does. That seems his MO. Everything Babcock...gone for a ham sandwich (some of which later gone for a spam sandwich). Great at dismantling, increasingly worse at initial rebuild and the draft to the point of being a terrible closer. Andersen would be 3-4 times as good as Lo. Might be better than ZaZa. And we'll never know because BK won't even try.

IMO he won't touch Andersen because he believes it undermines him to do so.

Not his boy. Won't touch him.

W

Hawksfan didn't quite operate his calculator correctly. Anderson translates to 83.5 inches which is 6'11.5 (84 inches is 7 feet, a bad calculator user would get 6.95 feet and not realize the error). He's 235 lbs, I saw him live a few minutes and he looked a little tougher than I had heard but in general he's usually described as more of a finesse center. Not what we'd need and he wont be cheap but we should still pay and get him over here. If he's as good as it appears he is at the very least after we had him we could move him for more of a defensive center. Or at least we could play some pick and roll with him and JJ.

gsuteke

Quote:

is Anderson a defensive stalwart...if not WTF cares?

Pachulia can score. we need a player that can lock down on the defensive end.

Iman

Quote:

...at the very least after we had him we could move him for more of a defensive center.

ZaZa will be a FA after next year and won't come near as "cheap", Andersen appears possibly better defensively and at least equal offensively, and if ZaZa is your starting center Lo Wright is your BU you can't complain about an option to acquire a player of Andersen's caliber without costing you a pick, a player, or too much money.

DA's at least a great insurance policy, he or ZaZa are excellent trade bait we can afford to lose if we have both, and possibly DA's a starter caliber center. Not the perfect guy to start with a 2-Sf lineup, but we don't have that anyway.

Honestly, signing DA soon affords us the ability to package ZaZa or DA, our pick, and maybe Chill for a great center prospect in this draft.

W

Quote:

Well being a star in the FIBA americas is different from being a star in the Euroleague, who participants have kicked our ass in the past few international competitions.

But you have to know that a lot of players who participates in FIBA americas are playing in NBA. For example the 1st year of Nocioni wasn't good and now he is doing a good job for the BULLS. This is the second year for Batista and he is not playing, and some people here said that LO is better, and i still waiting for a LO's performance that can proove that.

Batista is a 5, and he played in Spain as 5, and he was in the all star team in FIBA america as a 5. Ok, you can say that he will be fouled out quickly, but i'm tired to see 5 PF from LO in 15 minutes, and i'm tired to see +1.

Nevertheless i said it before, we should've gone for Gadz.

Quote:

...and can't finish what he does. That seems his MO. Everything Babcock...gone for a ham sandwich (some of which later gone for a spam sandwich). Great at dismantling, increasingly worse at initial rebuild and the draft to the point of being a terrible closer. Andersen would be 3-4 times as good as Lo. Might be better than ZaZa. And we'll never know because BK won't even try.

IMO he won't touch Andersen because he believes it undermines him to do so.

Not his boy. Won't touch him.

W

has nothing to do with BK. he discussed trying to bring him over in the offseason. i just think the owners won't spend the money right now.