• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Answer to our Interior Problems

Johnnybravo4

Quote:

has nothing to do with BK. he discussed trying to bring him over in the offseason. i just think the owners won't spend the money right now.

BK's had almost 4 years to bring him over. Ownership's troubles this past offseason is no excuse even if I believed BK was "pushing" for David Anderson. You don't really believe that he was do you? Not 3 years into his being able to. Suddenly and conveniently he wants to, but can't. Get real.

W

Quote:

Quote:

has nothing to do with BK. he discussed trying to bring him over in the offseason. i just think the owners won't spend the money right now.

BK's had almost 4 years to bring him over. Ownership's troubles this past offseason is no excuse even if I believed BK was "pushing" for David Anderson. You don't really believe that he was do you? Not 3 years into his being able to. Suddenly and conveniently he wants to, but can't. Get real.

W

you're telling me to get real and you're sitting there trying to tell me that a GM is refusing to do something that may improve the team (therefore making his job more secure) just because he didnt draft him? he's a professional whether you like his choices or not. not for one second on this planet do i actually think that BK is sitting there thinking "well that guy has some talent but i'm not going to bring him over because Babcock drafted him." i mean are you serious?

Quote:

you're telling me to get real and you're sitting there trying to tell me that a GM is refusing to do something that may improve the team (therefore making his job more secure) just because he didnt draft him?

BK has some serious ego issues if you haven't noticed. He selects coaches Lowe and Woodson) that are his firewalls against criticism yet do not threaten his power AT ALL. This is very much someone who can get caught up in valuing his coach or player over the best or right coach or player.

Quote:

He's a professional whether you like his choices or not. not for one second on this planet do i actually think that BK is sitting there thinking "well that guy has some talent but i'm not going to bring him over because Babcock drafted him." i mean are you serious?

It's certainly subconcious on his part. He is certainly a guy that would phooey an idea someone else not underneath him came up with. "Fans? Don't know anything. [censored] 'em. Previous GMs? Not a good idea ever."

W

Quote:

...ZaZa will be a FA after next year and won't come near as "cheap", ...W

I wouldn't be so sure that other teams' talent evaluators think that much of Zaza. There's plenty of film on his "rumblin, stumblin, bumblin" exploits in the lane and his tendency to flop. I have a feeling that he is primarily a "bargain" as far as we're concerned - I seriously doubt that he is in line for a big contract with his anemic shooting %age for a C and his lack of interior D. Not exactly selling points.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I guarantee that Zaza will get 60 million. If Nene can get it, he damn sure can.

That would be absurd - unless we give it to him.

Everyone around the league acknowledges the Nene deal as insane. 60M for Zaza would be absurd whether we give it to him or not.

• Premium Member

I agree that someone will vastly overpay for Zaza. He's a young big with some offensive ability and decent hands. He really needs to work on his defense but there's no doubt someone will overpay to get him. I'm not sure if its 60 million but the bargain deal we got him at will be nowhere near what he gets as a FA.

• Moderators

Quote:

Zaza is only 22. He will probably avg 17 8-9 when he is a FA. Those players typically get 60 million. See Eddy Curry

Eddy Curry was a top lottery pick whose upside has never been questioned. That helps tremendously when building hype. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't see Zaza being in the same category as far as desirable free agents. GMs can look at Curry and imagine him as a dominating offensive force. I don't think anyone can picture Zaza being a dominating anything.

With the inflation prices for big men, though, I could definitely be wrong.

• Moderators

Quote:

Okay how about Nene and Pryzstiff, and Dampier, and Dalembert, and Chandler come on man. Young Big men who put up nearly double double numbers get near max contracts, plain and simple. Our only hope is to sign him to a contract extention in the 8 per year range.

Young athletic men all with huge upsides except for Pryzstiff. Who didn't get a near max contract. Pryzstiff is closer to the market I would expect for Zaza since the others all could be viewed as potentially dominating on one end of the Court or the other.

Pryzbilla signed for 5 years and $32M. I expect Zaza to do something more like 5 years and $40M (adjusting for inflation).

Quote:

Quote:

Okay how about Nene and Pryzstiff, and Dampier, and Dalembert, and Chandler come on man. Young Big men who put up nearly double double numbers get near max contracts, plain and simple. Our only hope is to sign him to a contract extention in the 8 per year range.

Young athletic men all with huge upsides except for Pryzstiff. Who didn't get a near max contract. Pryzstiff is closer to the market I would expect for Zaza since the others all could be viewed as potentially dominating on one end of the Court or the other.

Pryzbilla signed for 5 years and $32M. I expect Zaza to do something more like 5 years and $40M (adjusting for inflation).

I'll bet you a corndog on that? If Zaza doesn't get extended to your 5 years 40 mill he will get 5 years 50 million +

(( taking the weed away from Johnny ))

I know our defensive issues at center is bad right now. But Andersen isn't going to solve that problem. I mean, he's maybe a foot taller than Solomon Jones, but I guarantee that Solomon is a better defender than he is.

If all we're worried about is getting a defender in the middle, why not call up the Mavericks, and see which one of our "expendible" players they would want for DeSagana Diop. Because Dampier is playing much better this year, Diop isn't getting nearly the minutes he got last year. Maybe you can call up Cuban, and see if Dallas would do a ZaZa for Diop and Mbenga trade.

LOL . . even Pops Mensa-Bonsu would be a better "value" fit here, than spending a boatload of money on Andersen . . and Pops can't even get off the bench in Dallas.

Prediction: Down the stretch of games, Smoove may be guarding the other team's center, with Marvin and Chill or Shelden in the game, to complete the frontline. ZaZa will be relegated to being that scoring option we can go to for the first 3 quarters.

The answer is get a better backup big man than Lorenzen Blow Wright By Me.

He might actually be worse than Estaban Batista.

Solomon Jones needs to develop quickly so we can finally have a decent big man off the bench. I don't remember the last time we've had one. Edwards and Batista were terrible and Lo Wright isn't any better.

Quote:

Zaza is only 22. He will probably avg 17 8-9 when he is a FA. Those players typically get 60 million. See Eddy Curry

No- No.....and by the way NO! Zaza isn't getting $60M (hope he does from NY) - he is USELESS as a true center. He was an even deal for BK - not a mistake but not a real C.

Zaza versus Eddie Curry - get real!!