• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Players take blame for collapse!! AJC

gutz

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't blame Woody for what the team does. I blame him for some things that may be in-game.

That's what I said.

Now, you can take either part alone and try to twist it to say what you want it to say....

I guess that gives you something to do!

Quote:

In all fairness those other coaches don't have the youngest team in the league either. The bottom line is that unless you know what Woody is saying, you can't know if Woody or the players should take most of the blame.

Demanding this level of certainty is inane. Can't have it. Not even the owners know what Woody said. They weren't there. However, given multiple examples of Woody costing the Hawks' games and not one game anyone can cite where he won a game for us, losing consecutive 16 and 21 pt 4th quarter leads pretty much falls on coaching inadequacy. I watched some of the Utah 4th quarter collapse after the fact and its even worse seeing it. Definately coaching was involved, good for Utah, very bad for us.

Simply put, if you want a ridiculous amount of certainty, hire a math professor. If you want results, hire a new coach.

W

Quote:

I agree. Good post!

I think people are forgetting that this is the same coach and same team that overcame a big lead that the Denver Nuggets had to come back and beat that team. Does that mean George Karl is a terrible coach?

You are one stupid son of a b!tch, aren't you?

If Mike Woodson is such a great coach, how come his record is so lousy? How come nobody else hired him to be a head coach? How come the team never runs offensive plays? How come the team plays uninterested half the time? How come the team keeps making the same mistakes?

Where is this improvement? 5-16 since the 4-1 start. That look like improvement to you? That's about a 31% winning percentage. Nevermind the fact that the east is weaker than it was a year ago possibly. That 4-1 start was a freak anyway just the same as it was a freak that the Suns started so poorly.

Mike Woodson is NOT a head coach and the sorry @ss Hawks are the only team that was willing to hire him. The same franchise that hired Lon Kruger, Terry Stotts, traded away 2 first rounders to give a 2nd rate SG a big contract.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If Mike Woodson is such a great coach, how come his record is so lousy?

NAME 1 coach if he were put in the exact same position as Woody would come out with a significant better record. Any coach put in the wrong situation will look bad. See Larry Brown/Knicks, Paul Silas/Cavs, or Mike Fratello/Grizzlies for an example.

You have to put a coach in the best situation to win. Do you honestly think that giving Woody a totally rookie team and vets like Walker, Anderson, and Willis would lead to wins?

How about the defensive stylings of Al Harrington and Zaza last year?

We're a young team that makes mistakes.

Quote:

Quote:

If Mike Woodson is such a great coach, how come his record is so lousy?

NAME 1 coach if he were put in the exact same position as Woody would come out with a significant better record. Any coach put in the wrong situation will look bad. See Larry Brown/Knicks, Paul Silas/Cavs, or Mike Fratello/Grizzlies for an example.

You have to put a coach in the best situation to win. Do you honestly think that giving Woody a totally rookie team and vets like Walker, Anderson, and Willis would lead to wins?

How about the defensive stylings of Al Harrington and Zaza last year?

We're a young team that makes mistakes.

I believe alot of more experienced head coaches would have this team with more wins. Maybe not a great or very good team, but better than this.

The team doesn't look like they even have any offensive plays for christsakes.

What has Woodson done that makes him resemble a head coach? Nothing. The players haven't consistantly done anything that resembles a style or anything.

Youth my @ss. The Lakers had alot of youth last year and still won nearly 50 games and almost made the second round

with the likes of Luke Walton, (Was a 2nd year and fairly unproductive player) Kwame brown has always been an underachiever.... After Odom and Kobe the Lakers had nothing.

Oh, that's right.... They have Phil and Kobe. Joe Johnson and Mike Woodson doesn't really compare. Foolish Me.

Like I said, JJ should have stayed winning as a 4th option in PHX. That's about the only winning he is going to do.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Lakers had alot of youth last year and still won nearly 50 games and almost made the second round

with the likes of Luke Walton

The Lakers last year had Kobe, Odom, George, Brown, and Mihm... Aside from Walton. Sorry, but our players today do not match up with that team Period. That's regardless of who is coaching... we just don't match up.

Guarantee.. .If you brought Phil Jackson to this situation, he would have quit. Phil Jackson doesn't work with young players. He has to have veterans to be 9 championship Phil.

Quote:

Quote:

The Lakers had alot of youth last year and still won nearly 50 games and almost made the second round

with the likes of Luke Walton

The Lakers last year had Kobe, Odom, George, Brown, and Mihm... Aside from Walton. Sorry, but our players today do not match up with that team Period. That's regardless of who is coaching... we just don't match up.

Guarantee.. .If you brought Phil Jackson to this situation, he would have quit. Phil Jackson doesn't work with young players. He has to have veterans to be 9 championship Phil.

Deaven George? Are you kidding here? Has George done anything his entire career? He shot 40% and averaged 6.3PPG last year. Some player.

Kwame Brown averaged 7PPG 6RPG last year. He was worse than even his stats showed last year. Chris Mihm is an average backup center and he played in only 56 games last year ontop of that. He's not better than ZaZa anyway.