• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wow - we are BAD

ATL_BALLER

I am speechless. Cleveland literally ran circles around us - it looked like we were in two different leagues, which, in reality, I'm beginning to think we are.

Chill played well, but other than that, I feel bad for Joe. He's about all we've got, and he was laboring. Where is Marvin?

Excuse me for rambling, but honestly, I've lost hope for this team. We are completely outmatched.

Quote:

Where is Marvin?

...when we drafted him. He doesn't seem to WANT it enough to be great regardless of what his talent/skill is. Wasn't there a past comment about him not really liking basketball or something to that effect?

W

Marvin looked downright awful tonight. I dont know what it is but too me he still looks rather awkward and goofy out there he doesnt really look that fast either. We need way more our two top 5 Draft picks to have any chance to win games. Also 2night really showed how much Smoove means to this team. There was no shot blocking presence at all out there. JJ was also awful tonight. Speed and Chill were both solid.

Quote:

...JJ was also awful tonight. Speed and Chill were both solid.

JJ wasn't "on" but to be fair - other teams know we are a "double team JJ and win" team. Our other guys aren't stepping up as much as they need to. Salim needs to at least hit the rim to give SW a chance at a rebound.

It took Josh Smith a month to get on track this season and I'm willing to give Marvin a little longer considering his injury and all. Marvin did recently have a 23 point game but I do see where everyone is coming from.

Outside of Childress the guys looked like they would rather have stayed at home and played PS3 or something. Joe was double and triple teamed. Our offense looks like crap. It looks like Woody may finally be losing the guys. I respect the fact that he held it together this long but the losing is starting to get to the whole team and it's showing. I like the guy but it looks like we are on the edge and about to fall over if 1)We don't win some games or 2)A change isn't made.

The former required Woody pulling something out of his hat the latter requires someone being fired and it will probably be Woodson.

BTW where was Solomon. We needed length. It's one thing to get an offensive rebound and have to kick it out, it's another thing to get an offensive rebound and easily lay it in without so much a jumping.

Ranting ends now...

Quote:

Who do you think Woody talks with?

Larry Brown!

He is telling him not to play rookies, no wonder that "The most Nba ready player" of all rookies is playing only 20 min a game. WTF is that?

We were taking it slow with Marvin because he was 19 and he was playing 25 minutes a game and now Shelden is getting even less minutes.

Are we taking it slow with Shelden, "The most Nba ready player" out of the draft as well?

But whyy??? He dosen't make rookie mistakes and plays good D what we need the most.

Does Woody have something against him?

• Premium Member

Let's just be honest here: this team is crap, again. We should be playing the young guys as much as humanly possible just to give them court time and experience.

We need to play Shellhead and Marvin 40 minutes or so per game. We are not going to win anyways, why not see wtf we actually have in these guys instead of stringing them along for 2-3 years before they get minutes IF they get minutes?

Quote:

Let's just be honest here: this team is crap, again. We should be playing the young guys as much as humanly possible just to give them court time and experience.

We need to play Shellhead and Marvin 40 minutes or so per game. We are not going to win anyways, why not see wtf we actually have in these guys instead of stringing them along for 2-3 years before they get minutes IF they get minutes?

I whole heartedly agree. Give the youngsters as much playing time as possible.

Quote:

Let's just be honest here: this team is crap, again. We should be playing the young guys as much as humanly possible just to give them court time and experience....

yep Sothron....we are a mess. Reasons why we don't play guys like Solo and Este...we will never know.

This is the biggest mess I could have ever imagined at this point. Total lack of an offensive plan...

• Premium Member

It's probably not that bad if we suck this year, unless we don't get a top 3 pick. This will be our last chance to get a true big man. We aren't gonna sign one, and after we resign Smoove and Chill we will have no capspace anyway.

Of course, we'll probly get screwed with #4 overall.

Quote:

It's probably not that bad if we suck this year, unless we don't get a top 3 pick. This will be our last chance to get a true big man. We aren't gonna sign one, and after we resign Smoove and Chill we will have no capspace anyway.

Do you think that is what JJ wan'ts ??????????

Quote:

Quote:

Do you think that is what JJ wan'ts ??????????

Well, we can explain it to him. cool.gif

With just a break or two or an extra free throw or two, we would have been around 12-11 after winning at least either the Chicago or Utah game, or both. JJ doesnt seem to have gotten his outside stroke back yet, I bet his leg is still bothering him. That combined with losing Lue cost us closing out some wins.

Now with JJ still slumping and no other scoring options and some tougher opponents, we look like we have no chance to win. Everyone knew our December schedule would be difficult but compounded with all these injuries, what do you expect.

I doubt we can recover enough to make a playoff run, but I do expect us to start playing .500 basketball from about the midseason on. Actually it will probably start in a week or two when the schedule lets up and we have Lue back.

It's just a slump caused by injuries, come on people!