• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A memorandum for change.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Quote:

Stay consistent in your criticism, even if we're winning 5 - 7 games in a row.

You can say a lot of negative things about the regular posters on this board, but being inconsistent isn't one of them.

There are the definite optimists (KB, for example), the realists (I feel like both exodus and Diesel fit here, and I place myself here, too), and the pessimists (Walter, Hotlanta). Generally, there isn't much flip-flopping that takes place on Hawksquawk.

Regardless, I think it's clear that JJ's quick start took teams by surprise early on, but once they adjusted (i.e., forced others to step up) and the injuries started piling up, the young players wilted.

This team needs more proven talent, particularly in the frontcourt, if it has any hopes of resurrecting this season.

Quote:

Quote:

This Hawks were build to run and play defense.

The running nonsense is just wishful thinking. The Hawks don't have one player who can consistently handle the ball well and make good decisions on the break. Speedy always feels the need to jump before he passes, Lue has tunnel vision and JJ just isn't that good on the break.

The reality is that the Hawks are one of the slowest teams in the league and will continue to be.

The Hawks horrible defensive hole at center has been there from the beginning of the season and will continue to be there as long as Zaza is playing 30 minutes per game.

I thought I was the only one who thought that - and was afraid to say it for being lambasted. ooo.gif

(meaning the running part)

• Premium Member

Quote:

I thought I was the only one who thought that - and was afraid to say it for being lambasted.
ooo.gif

I'd like to see how well Speedy+JJ+Lue would do on a team with a defensive stopper in the middle who can start fast breaks...

...you have to stop the other team first.

• Premium Member

Did someone actually post that THIS Hawks team was built to play defense?? WOW. I mean WOW. Defense against what? Toddlers storming the floor? An angry Harry the Hawk? A drunken slob trying to penetrate the paint? LOL! This team is an absolute joke of a defensive unit.

Quote:

I totally agree here. Tanking is way too risky at this point. With the way the Hawks luck has been in the lottery you almost have to figure the worst would happen and thats Phx. getting the #4 pick probably. I say we get healthy and make a move and compete for this year. The East is absolutely horrible and we can still make the playoffs.

There is no difference between sending the Suns a 4th or 7th pick as far as the Hawks are concerned. both signify a failed year and in both cases we don't have a pick. The only failure here is if we don't TRY to make this seriously flawed team worth a d@mn and we need capitol to do that with (and a capable GM, of course).

Citing our "bad luck" as reason to not try for top 3 lottery is just plain weird.

W

haven't been wrong about the state of the Hawks' seriously flawed team. That would seem to indicate realist. Mind you, I'll post it all day and night, but until I'm more wrong than right about the Hawks, can't suggest I'm anything other than a realist.

W

I understand your strategy here to tank the season and I agree with you if we can NEVER get healthy the rest of this season then we should consider it at some point. But to say we should tank the whole season after less than 30games played so far is just LUDICROUS! I say we play our butts off till the all star break and see where we stand. Then make a decision. And Walter I was obviously being sarcastic when I said the Hawks horrible bad luck in the lottery to obtain the #1 pick(which we have NEVER gotton btw)was something we should consider in tanking the season. Unfortunately I might not be too far off with that assumption. BTW Noah and Durant are not the answer at Center for the Hawks or any team in the NBA. I guess you have never seen either one of them play in college any year for that matter. Noah is a skinny raw 6"10 PF that would get dominated in the NBA and Durant is the same as well. They are both PF in the NBA at best. Durant is more of a SF since he is only 6"9 and weighs 200lbs. Last time I checked we DON'T need another damn forward on this team right? Oden, Hibbert, and possibly the raw Thabeet are the Centers we need to draft.

• Premium Member

DJ, you truly don't understand the business of basketball.

If you buy a franchise that is in debt and losing money, tell me, what would you do??

Throw money at the next big name that comes along?

"You can't be an architect and build great buildings without a building permit."

-Diesel

"You can't be a master Chef and make masterpieces without money to get the ingredients.."

BUT DJ says...

Make it anyway?? What happened in the past doesn't effect the present??

icon_ty.gif

Quote:

"You can't be a master Chef and make masterpieces without money to get the ingredients.."

Big D... the best chefs in history are the ones who transform the squiggly bits and the cast-offs into something wonderful. The magicians are the ones who can do it without spending hardly any money at all!

Otherwise, great post smile.gif