• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

injury situation

gsuteke

Trading Lue is the most important move we must make. It's his contract year and certain teams like the Lakers really value him. He's more valuable to us than most people want to realize, but he likely won't return and his short-term "value" is long-term detrimental if it ensures Pheonix keeps our lottery pick. Salim picks up the minutes.

Trade Lue for a pick or Pg prospect like Farmar, play SJ and Batisata more, and limit JJ's minutes to 34 MPG. That's the means to "tanking" while potentially benefiting the team long term regardless.

W

Quote:

what is up with this "tanking" talk?

the Hawks are in a precarious position right now in the city of Atlanta. they cannot afford to "tank" games.

How would we know, at this point, if the losses were intentional or not?

Quote:

Quote:

what is up with this "tanking" talk?

the Hawks are in a precarious position right now in the city of Atlanta. they cannot afford to "tank" games.

Thus reveals the true genius of BK and Woody. They have lost some many games over so many years Hawks fans couldn't tell if they were intentionally throwing games. Heck, there is a chance they intentionally lost games the past two years just to make it look like they are not intentionally tanking this year.

Genius. grin.gif

Quote:

Thus reveals the true genius of BK and Woody. They have lost some many games over so many years Hawks fans couldn't tell if they were intentionally throwing games. Heck, there is a chance they intentionally lost games the past two years just to make it look like they are not intentionally tanking this year.

wtf.jpg

Quote:

Often you can go years without repairing a sports hernia. My friend went to do construction projects in Ecuador for 3 years with his. It's not an emergent condition. Perhaps management said to JS, "go ahead and have the surgery now" when they otherwise, were we winning more, would have said "can you wait until the season's over?"

W

Lue might bring the most return in a trade, but I think it would be devestating to our young team. I think he is a vocal leader and traind him would leave a vacuum that would be felt. This would in effect be one way of hurting us in the short term but hopefully be beneficial in the long run.

LOL @ comparing construction projects, with the grind of playing professional sports. I'm sure your construction friend wasn't exerting himself to the maximum for about 2.5 hours, 3 times a week.

The better comparison would be with Donovan McNabb, who tried his best to play with his sports hernia, but had to shut it down when it started to really affect his performance and how he felt from day to day.

If you were a manager at work that had to walk around a little, I'm sure that you could still go to work on a high ankle sprain. But try playing basketball 2 hours on a high ankle sprain, and see how effective you are.

Quote:

The better comparison would be with Donovan McNabb, who tried his best to play with his sports hernia, but had to shut it down when it started to really affect his performance and how he felt from day to day.

I do think your comparison is better, but not perfect as the difference in football and basketball is significant. Regardless, I can still see somebody not putting up a fight on this one, even encouraging JS to have the surgery.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Often you can go years without repairing a sports hernia. My friend went to do construction projects in Ecuador for 3 years with his. It's not an emergent condition. Perhaps management said to JS, "go ahead and have the surgery now" when they otherwise, were we winning more, would have said "can you wait until the season's over?"

W

Precisely.