• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Solomon Jones game last night

TexasPete

Another example of Woodys garbage sub patterns was his use of Solomon Jones last night. He didn't plan on even playing him at all until Lorenzen "I Suck" Wright and ZaZa got into some foul trouble. So, in comes Solomon Jones...

What does he do? He scores 6 quick points...blocks a couple shots, and changes the game. Where was Solomon Jones in the 2nd half? Right next to the Woodson.

The way I see it is that Solomon needs Lo's minutes. First, Lo sucks. Second, this year we suck...so why not get the kid ready for next year? This all makes too much sense and this staff and organization makes no sense.

Daddy Woody wanted his son with him. He'll learn a lot

more that way, watching the game - See what he did when

he did get in the game!!!

Seriously, I'm just as puzzled as you are about some of

his sub patterns and his refusal to play certain players.

Example: Just look who didn'tt play much or not at all.

smirk.gif

I only partially agree with this. Solomon is a very active player, but he gets totally lost on his defensive rotations at times and will commit fouls because of that. LOL . . Lo does this too, but Lo is the veteran and will get the benefit of the doubt in that area.

It's hard to give a guy minutes, when he fouls on the average every 2 or 3 minutes.

Solomon's stat line last night:

7 minutes

6 points

3 - 3 FG

2 offensive rebounds

1 turnover

3 fouls

That's why the kid can't see a lot of PT. He can't stay on the floor.

And when you foul, you give the opponent an opportunity to score from the FT line.

But once again, Woody is the idiot . . lol.

Pay attention Hawk fans. Just don't be blinded by your hatred toward the coach, organization, or a particular player that you don't like.

I think Solomon has more upside than Shelden. He certainly scores more and his length is a great asset on defense. Cyde, why should Lo get the benefit of the doubt over Solomon when they both get lost on defense at times? Lo has seen his better days come and go...if he ever had better days. My point is that Solomon produces when he is out there so lets get him experience. Woody somehow thinks Lo needs more minutes. Crazy stuff. If Sol gets in foul trouble then play Lo. And I watched his defense last night and he did fine. He got a cheap on Kaman and a questionable call against Brand, which is a typical NBA referee BS.

Play the kid. We aren't competing for anything except ping pong balls and maybe next year this kid REALLY helps. He has been a pleasant surprise in a year with very few pleasant anything.

Quote:

7 minutes

6 points

3 - 3 FG

2 offensive rebounds

1 turnover

3 fouls

Pay attention Hawk fans. Just don't be blinded by your hatred toward the coach, organization, or a particular player that you don't like.

So by my math he still had 3 fouls to give. No? How does comitting only 3 fouls get you off the floor? He needs the PT if he fouls out so be it but his PT is far more valuable for our future than the few points he gives up at the foul line. Even that is arguable cause if they are hard fouls that stop lay-ups then I'm all for it.

Quote:

Quote:

7 minutes

6 points

3 - 3 FG

2 offensive rebounds

1 turnover

3 fouls

So by my math he still had 3 fouls to give. No? How does comitting only 3 fouls get you off the floor? He needs the PT if he fouls out so be it but his PT is far more valuable for our future than the few points he gives up at the foul line. Even that is arguable cause if they are hard fouls that stop lay-ups then I'm all for it.

Agreed. Who cares if Solomon fouls out? He needs all the PT he can get. Give him all of Wright's minutes until he fouls out. THEN Wright can come in.

he needs more playing time but whether we like Lo or not, he provides better leadership out there and his abilities are probably still a shade above Solomon. if we have a chance to win the game, then he should still play more than Solomon.

but 3 fouls in 7 minutes is not good AND MOST IMPORTANTLY IS GIVING THE OTHER TEAM FREE THROWS..FREE..

but overall, i do think solomon still needs more time to develop.

B-LO was horrible in that game, just taking up space. He even forced a few 18 foot jumpers that all barely made contact with the rim. Before people get all up in arms about Sol's 3 fouls in 7 minutes, you have to realize that two of the three were questionable. I wouldn't make too much out of his fouls in one game. The kid has a knack for doing some good things and out-produced B-LO in only 7 minutes. PLus, his long arms aid in solid shot blocking, something BLO can't do...this kid needs to play and now.

Usually,Solomon Jones and Batista, neither of which get

a lot of minutes, get SOME questionable, touchy / feely

type calls against them.

But, on the other hand, they BOTH can and do give those

tough, hard fouls which means they have to earn their

points at the line, all of them, not those dreaded things

we hear - - And one! - - which means they may get 3 points

out of the play.

Don't want them giving anyone bodily injury when they foul,

but it's nice to see them GET STOPPED inside when they

start those layup drills they run against the Hawks.

smirk.gif