• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Iverson the savior?

exodus

Quote:

Over his last 5 games AI is averaging 23 ppg shooting 36.4% with 6.6 assists and 5 turnovers.

I went out of town for three weeks right before the Chicago game and right around the time of the Iverson trade, and the Hawks didn't win a single game the entire time I was gone.

Almost all of those losses were a pathetic embarrasment. I would guess that Joe didn't even come close to averaging 23 ppg over that stretch, and no one else on the team did either.

So I'm not convinced that the Hawks couldn't have used him. I guess hardcore Hawks fans think it's more fun to watch the Hawks look like crap than it is to have a non-traditional PG who was second in the league in scoring at the time of the trade.

But if Iverson was here right now at least people would go to a Hawks game everynow and then and maybe even talk about something other than how bad the Hawks are. And I think we could have used those 23 ppg, too.

So unless Pau Gasol, Jermaine O'Neal, or Greg Oden are on their way in a trade or through the draft, I'd still rather watch Iverson right now than a team that wins 1 game out of every 10 and owes its draft pick to the Suns.

Correct me if I'm wrong Ex, but that's still a Denver team without both Melo and JR Smith, right?

The whole purpose of the AI trade, was for Denver to make a run when he and Melo can both play together. The fact that Earl Boykins has to score over 20 ppg just for the Nuggets to stay somewhat competitive, tells you all you need to know about the state of that team right now.

LOL . . a 5 foot 5 inch shooting guard is the 2nd best player on the team now.

When they get Melo and JR back, we'll probably see an more efficient AI, and a much better Denver team.

LOL . . it's almost like the same situation that Joe Johnson is in with the Hawks, when he lost Lue and Smoove. There's only so much that one man can do.

The NBA proves time and time again, that no one man, no matter how great of a player he is, can win with a scrub team. At the very least, he has to have 4 - 6 decent players around him who aren't complete scrubs.

Webber hasn't been playing at all genius. They are obviously looking to buy him out and get out of luxury tax

hell.

Nice change of subject though. I would expect as much from you. And of course no mention of what Korver (22 ppg over last 5 games) and Iggy (20 ppg over last 10) have been doing since Iverson left.

• Premium Member

Because you were the one saying Webber would play well once Iverson leaves. Webber didn't play well when Iverson first left, he played horrible.

You should expect that from me? Miller would make Marvin score 20, which would be a tremendous feat. Who else will score for Philly? You expect Dalembert and Kevin Ollie to drop 20+?

• Premium Member

BTW, you are the one judging Iverson without the Nuggets key players, which is also very predictable. You can't possibly judge his performance until he has been with the REAL team for at least 10-15 games.

Quote:

Webber didn't play well when Iverson first left, he played horrible.

First of all Webber played only 6 games without AI. His first game against Orlando he got 19/11/8. he had 4 games without AI where he didn't play well, two where he did play well.

Quote:

Miller would make Marvin score 20, which would be a tremendous feat. Who else will score for Philly? You expect Dalembert and Kevin Ollie to drop 20+?

Iggy was scoring 20 before Miller even got there. And just because there are shots available doesn't mean that someone has to score. Witness the Hawks against indy, or any of their other recent games.

And if Miller can "make" someone score 20 why couldn't HOF iverson do that instead of his low percentage chucking?

Quote:

BTW, you are the one judging Iverson without the Nuggets key players, which is also very predictable. You can't possibly judge his performance until he has been with the REAL team for at least 10-15 games.

Funny but i don't remember the AI groupies waiting for the real team to come back when they were celebrating his first two games in denver where he put up big numbers (against Boston w/o Pierce and Seatle without Allen and Lewis).

JR Smith comes back tonight BTW.

• Premium Member

I never celebrated that, if you remember I never even wanted to bring Iverson here, I was just defending him. But whatever you hate him, I don't, it's obvious we don't agree so I'm done on the subject.