• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

There's always Steve Francis...

mrhonline

• Premium Member

I would easily take Stevee Franchise if he gets bought out.

I think he'd be just what we needed along with Terry Porter at Coach.

I think it's possible that NY buys him out considering how much Zeke and Dolan loves Marbury so much!!

i mean as bad as people have been on francis, it WOULD give him another opportunity to shine.Plus would take some pressure off of Joe.

I just wish I knew what kind of "GUY" he was. Good guy or bad guy. I know he's been a ballhog but not sure about the attitude.

do we lose or do we win?

if we pick up Francis we'll wind up winning 6 or 7 more games than otherwise and PHX will likely get that pick. if we are trying to keep our pick this year (which makes sense since the owners are holding onto Woody) picking up Francis would be a step in the wrong direction.

what's more important? winning 26 and being in a position to keep that pick or winning 33 and missing the playoffs by 8 games?

• Moderators

Quote:

Get over it. Phoenix is going to get the pick. And do you really want to endure bad basketball, just to get a

"franchise center" and endure another 3 years of bad basketball while he develops?

Oden won't take three years to develop. He will be an instant impact player - better than Howard his rookie year, IMO.

Quote:

Quote:

Get over it. Phoenix is going to get the pick. And do you really want to endure bad basketball, just to get a

"franchise center" and endure another 3 years of bad basketball while he develops?

Oden won't take three years to develop. He will be an instant impact player - better than Howard his rookie year, IMO.

Oden looks and plays like a man in his prime. I am not worried about him being a bust.

and to expand upon my post what if we get the 2nd or 3rd pick? with this draft if there is not a Center there that we want someone will trade us one along with a pick a few slots down for a shot at Durant or someone along those lines.

worst case scenario we wind up with that ugly sucker Noah and play him at C or PF. of course that would mean BK would have to get off his high horse and trade either Marvin, Chillz, Shelden, or Smoove. whatever we do with that pick it'll get Pachulia coming off the bench where he will be more effective.

the point is we have alot more options in the top 3 this year than we do out of it. this team is 2 players away from contending in the East.

Where do you get that from? Hes slower than Howard, He's not as athletic a Howard. And I don't know if he's as skilled as Howard.

But honestly I don't know. I saw way more Howard in H.S. than Oden, and he hasn't hasn't rocked my world in college either. I mean, who in the hell picks Ohio State for basketball anyway? I don't care if he is from Ohio...LMAO

Quote:

If the Knicks do actually buy him out, you could give this guy the starting PG job.

He would be out to pad his stats, which he could do without hurting the Hawks' full-out tanking.

There is no reason for any fan to want these guys save a personal agenda and no reason either comes here save the willingness on someone's part to give up a personal fortune.

W

Quote:

Besides Oden none of the other centers in college could start over Zaza IMO. But unless you live in Ohio or had ESPN High School on your cable system, how in the hell do you know how good Oden is? Because he dominated NW State?

NOT keeping our pick in this year's draft is not an option at this point.

• Premium Member

Actually, I would take Steve Francis if he was bought out because we are in desperate need of a PG.

I would take CWebb if he were bought out because we are in need of size and a post offense.

I would not make a longterm committment to either player. However, they can serve a purpose to us and we can give them a place to showcase their ability.

Quote:

Get Oden..

Trade him For Howard!

...bar any lottery draft discussion on the part of the meaningless, moral victories, please" non-tankers. You can't hate on the plan to win the lottery and expect to enjoy the spoils of its success.

'eh.

I said zip it!

Not a word about who we should draft at 1, 2, or 3.

Not

a

word.

W