• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

There's always Steve Francis...

mrhonline

Quote:

Well, in defense of non-tankers, the Hawks could win the lottery whether they tank or not.

You gotta want the pick bad enough to tank or else you don't deserve the spoils.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Well, in defense of non-tankers, the Hawks could win the lottery whether they tank or not.

You gotta want the pick bad enough to tank or else you don't deserve the spoils.

W

Kind of like Milwaukee winning the Bogut lottery? wink.gif

Quote:

Quote:

W

I'll agree not to talk about lottery picks as long as we tank, as long as you agree to not argue FOR tanking while we aren't winning games. Deal?

• Premium Member

Quote:

W

Well, you were being absolutist. I was merely pointing out that it is possible.

Anyways, one thing we all need to remember is that there will be a major tankfest going on in other cities as well. Charlotte, Memphis, Philly, Seattle, New Orleans, and Boston will all be gunning for Oden.

Do you think the Hawks have what it takes to see this thing through? Admittedly, I'm skeptical.

Quote:

I'll agree not to talk about lottery picks as long as we tank, as long as you agree to not argue FOR tanking while we aren't winning games. Deal?

Once we start tanking and not merely sucking, I will certainly be silent about our need to start tanking.

Well put DrZ. I hope I sufficiently "clarified" my way around your web.

W

Quote:

I remember prior to my obsession with A.I. last year, I wanted to bring Francis, before he was traded from Orlando. That view had absolutely no support from this board.

There would be at least a $40 million difference between trading for Francis last year and getting him after a buyout.

Quote:

If the Knicks do actually buy him out, you could give this guy the starting PG job.

He would be out to pad his stats, which he could do without hurting the Hawks' full-out tanking.

We tried that a few years ago and they actually put together a fun, competent team by accident and they blew the tank job. Damn you, Sura!!

Quote:

Quote:

Get Oden..

Trade him For Howard!

...bar any lottery draft discussion on the part of the meaningless, moral victories, please" non-tankers. You can't hate on the plan to win the lottery and expect to enjoy the spoils of its success.

'eh.

I said zip it!

Not a word about who we should draft at 1, 2, or 3.

Not

a

word.

W

Actuallu Walter...you are not the President of the "tank club"...you may have been annointed by D - but I have the avatar. grin.gif

Follow me fellas.....we can tank better than Walt.

Quote:

Actuallu Walter...you are not the President of the "tank club"...you may have been annointed by D - but I have the avatar.
grin.gif

Follow me fellas.....we can tank better than Walt.

...especially if that avatar of yours can do for us what several other tanks in lesser draft years have not, gotten us a franchise pick.

W

Quote:

I would easily take Stevee Franchise if he gets bought out.

That's the ONLY way you get Stevie Franchise, with you paying his salary.

Regardless, I don't want Mr. Francis at all much less over a franchise center or player. He's no better right now than Bob Sura was 3 years ago.

W

Quote:

Is Bob Sura some kind of inside joke I missed. You guys know he sucks right?

Prefering meaningless wins brought about by players like Lue and Bobby Sura over a top (3) pick.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

Is Bob Sura some kind of inside joke I missed. You guys know he sucks right?

Check out what he did for the Hawks to screw their draft position a few years ago. Multiple triple doubles if I recall.