• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ATL Spirits Message to Fans: Were Tanking

TexasPete

When you ignore the obvious changes that need to be made and drive home the point that Woodson and Knight are OK...you have made the decision to go after Oden. It's obvious at this point. They know that losses will flow like a river and that is OK.

There is no justification for keeping this horrendous coach and GM but because it's so obvious they need an excuse. So, injuries it is...that is the Spirits new rally cry. We go from the youngest team in history to the most injured. Bingo.

This is tanking 101. I'm just pissed I spent all that money on tickets. But, next year I will be right there with you guys rooting for tanking again...my seats will be empty or someone elses prodigious butt will be in them.

The Spirit's Motto...It's NEVER too early in a season to tank. I'm thinking we should give Levenson the nickname "Sherman" because that dude is one helluva tank.

• Moderators

Quote:

When you ignore the obvious changes that need to be made and drive home the point that Woodson and Knight are OK...you have made the decision to go after Oden. It's obvious at this point. They know that losses will flow like a river and that is OK.

There is no justification for keeping this horrendous coach and GM but because it's so obvious they need an excuse. So, injuries it is...that is the Spirits new rally cry. We go from the youngest team in history to the most injured. Bingo.

This is tanking 101. I'm just pissed I spent all that money on tickets. But, next year I will be right there with you guys rooting for tanking again...my seats will be empty or someone elses prodigious butt will be in them.

The Spirit's Motto...It's NEVER too early in a season to tank. I'm thinking we should give Levenson the nickname "Sherman" because that dude is one helluva tank.

Since you are in favor of tanking rather than trying to recitate the season, isn't this a good thing in your mind?

• Premium Member

I think he's upset he is literally wasting money going to the games because the team has no vested interest in winning at this point. The chance at Oden is worth more to the franchise than winning a few more meaningless games this season.

This is also why I gave up my tickets two years ago and just buy single game tickets when I want to go to the game.

• Moderators

Quote:

I think he's upset he is literally wasting money going to the games because the team has no vested interest in winning at this point. The chance at Oden is worth more to the franchise than winning a few more meaningless games this season.

This is also why I gave up my tickets two years ago and just buy single game tickets when I want to go to the game.

Just seems like a classic damned if you do and damned if you don't approach. If you have a clear idea for the best strategy for the team it seems pretty hypocritical to whine if the team adopts that approach. However, there maybe something deeper going on that I just can't see.

• Premium Member

Ah you see the difference is that he has already PAID to see the games in the usual expectation that the team is interested in winning. Now that half the season is gone the team has decided to tank and since he can not get a refund on the remaining games, well....I'd be upset as well.

• Moderators

Quote:

Ah you see the difference is that he has already PAID to see the games in the usual expectation that the team is interested in winning. Now that half the season is gone the team has decided to tank and since he can not get a refund on the remaining games, well....I'd be upset as well.

Understandable.

I don't have season tickets and am extremely frustrated right now with their play. I can imagine if I put down for season tickets it would be worse. This is the year the Hawks needed to get traction and start winning some games. It is looking less and less likely that this will happen.

Just say HELL NO to season tickets. Sothron has the right idea. You can easily walk up and get a great seat anytime. If they tank, or suck like normal, you can just miss the games and not worry that you already paid for the seats.

I have the dilemma of having already paid dearly so I feel obligated to go even when the team is in the tank.

For some reason I thought this year might be different. No, I'm not encouraged by the win tonight. These games are few and far between and just buy Woody time. With every win the Spirit adds a year to his contract and with every loss they subtract a week. Woody may be here awhile.