• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pistons@Hawks

HawksFan87

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

This is a totally different team from the last few weeks. The ball movement on offense and aggressiveness could not be more different. Why don't we always move the ball like this?

i think zaza has something to do with this. he disrupts any offensive flow (black hole) and only has energy for rebounding his own misses.

It was the whole team, though. They were swinging around the ball quickly and efficiently - taking advantage of the spacing on the floor. Check out MW's assist numbers, they have to be near a career high.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1st, I don't mean to be such a jerk Ex calling you a jerk. The post title this time is sarcasm. You're not a jerk. We just don't see at all eye to eye on this.

Quote:

Quote:

We all
just want to get rid of the unnecessary pieces (Lue), play rawest prospets more (SJ and Batista), play JJ less.

I think being President of the tank club has gone to your head.

I believe that is a pretty general statement among those of us who want to "tank". Don't make long-term detrimental personel moves (trade prospects under 23 for whatever reason or JJ). All others apply. Others might suggest more drastic measures.

Quote:

Lue didn't play, JJ did play fewer minutes and SJ did play more. maybe your plan isn't so clever after all.

It's not fool-proof but it doesn't do long-term damage to the team, is more likely to cost us enough games than not doing anything, and it isn't a non-plan like your desire to ceremoniously give Pheonix the 6th pick in the draft.

Quote:

If you really want to tank you should consider my FOOLPROOF plan. Start Salim at the point and play him 35 minutes. Then the Hawks are a lock to tank.

Well, that was part of my reason for trading Lue. Salim has to play Pg more. Nothing is fool-proof in this. We have too much young talent we can't simply give up on. We can only give up on players like Lue, Lo, and perhaps Speedy and ZaZa. That really ALL we can reasonably do and hopefully it's enough because this franchise needs more help than Exodus can pay for. You are paying Mihm's contract aren't you Ex, I mean, that is the only way it gets done, whatever "it" is.

W

Quote:

My tank strategy beats even Salim at the PG spot...Just keep Woody. There, I beat it.
grin.gif

We already know that the Atlanta NoSpirit isn't going to pay Woody to do nothing so there is no way they will fire him. Therefore your "plan" is nothing more than stating the inevitable, like saying your plan is for the sun to rise in the east. tongue.gif

Quote:

Nothing is fool-proof in this.

You are seriously underestimating Salim's powers of disruption.

Quote:

You are paying Mihm's contract aren't you Ex, I mean, that is the only way it gets done, whatever "it" is.

Mihm isn't going to play this year for anyone most likely. And the owners are only worried about the costs at the time the ruling comes in, if it comes in against them. And if Lue is traded for Mihm then the team salary increase for next year won't be much more than what the Spirit approved with the BLo Wright signing.

Funny how you kept using history when arguing against two small forwards playing together yet you completely ignore history when it comes to signing free agents.

Quote:

and some of you guys tried to act like the injuries weren't the major problem with this team'...... lol. that's why i refuse to be a follower of the masses mm this board. this is a 500 team when healthy.

I think you may be right in a way. We are (possibly) a .500 team when perfectly healthy. But I don't think that's the whole story.

The thing is, almost no team in the NBA is perfectly healthy for any sustained period of time, and yet those teams continue to compete despite injuries. Look at what Indiana has been able to do over the last couple of years, for instance.

With the Hawks it's a different story. We're so far outgunned talent-wise every night that we literally have to have everyone healthy and playing well to even have a chance to win consistently.

Quote:

Quote:

When Smith or JJ misses a game the hawks play like dogs. When Zaza misses a game the hawks beat playoff teams like Denver and Detroit.

That's a good point. Did we even miss Zaza at all tonight? Solomon and Shelden and Smoove held it down on defense tonight better than Zaza ever could...and we didn't really miss his scoring either. Lo Wright still stinks, but he came up with a few plays tonight too. It's just one game, but it might be something to watch while Zaza is out.

this point is why we need to get a Center. free agency is not the way to go in the hunt for a big man.

Quote:

and some of you guys tried to act like the injuries weren't the major problem with this team'...... lol. that's why i refuse to be a follower of the masses mm this board. this is a 500 team when healthy.

the Hawks don't have the horses to compete long-term at this juncture.

I saw Joe had 30 something points per the ESPN2 bottomline. i'm assuming he shot over 45% for the game. how long can he keep that up?

look at my post in the NOK game thread. Joe has been dismal the past couple of weeks. as Joe goes so do the Hawks.

how long can he keep it up?

don't get me wrong here, i hope the Hawks win every game the rest of the season. However, we are dangerously close to the point where wins are counter-productive.

• Premium Member

Hell JJ was 100% shooting going into the 4th.

However, I give a great deal to Smoove. Smoove allowed us for once to rest JJ. Smoove gave JJ a chance to pass to somebody who can do something. That last 3 pointer was it... I was standing up at that point!!!

I think the results are in and this is the findings:

Marvin is no Smoove!!!