• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What does Woody have against running??

Wurider05

I know that he is from the "playing the game the right way Larry Brown school" but I feel that your style shuld fit your personnel. We have been successful when we run the ball and not walk it up the court. This is Woody's first coaching gig so he doesn't have a track record of success. This goes back to what I have been saying all year and that is has Woody gotten the most out of the talent that we have.

Quote:

I know that he is from the "playing the game the right way Larry Brown school" but I feel that your style shuld fit your personnel. We have been successful when we run the ball and not walk it up the court. This is Woody's first coaching gig so he doesn't have a track record of success. This goes back to what I have been saying all year and that is has Woody gotten the most out of the talent that we have.

honestly the only time i see us run is if the ball starts off in the hands of someone other than our point...it's like when smoove gets it, he automatically is looking to run...

• Premium Member

I have never seen a Larry Brown coached team Run!! They just don't. LB preaches value possessions. That's part of the failure with the Knicks... The Knicks were a running team. Zeke is winning with them because he actually lets them move, run, and not waste time.

The only LB disciple that I have ever seen run is Alvin Gentry. With the Clipps, his team were a running team because he tried to adapt to what he had. His problem there was lack of vets.. Young guys had no leadership. Running for nothing.

The Hawks is 21st in the league in pace of play.

One thing you need to run the break well is guys who can handle the ball and make good decisions and the Hawks don't have that. Time and again i see guys make mental erroros on the break leading to turnovers.

1 Denver 101.7

2 Golden State 100.8

3 Phoenix 99.5

4 Washington 97.9

5 Sacramento 96.9

6 Chicago 96.5

7 Boston 96.2

8 L.A. Lakers 96.2

9 Toronto 95.6

10 Charlotte 95.4

11 Milwaukee 95.4

12 Seattle 95.2

13 Indiana 95.1

14 Utah 94.8

15 New Jersey 94.2

16 New York 94.1

17 Memphis 94.0

18 Miami 93.9

19 Philadelphia 93.5

20 L.A. Clippers 93.5

21 Atlanta 93.2

22 Minnesota 93.1

23 Cleveland 93.0

24 Orlando 92.8

25 NO/Oklahoma City 92.6

26 Houston 92.5

27 Dallas 92.2

28 San Antonio 92.2

29 Detroit 90.6

30 Portland 90.4

• Premium Member

For a lot of teams, running doesn't translate to winning.

In that list, Dallas, San Antonio, Detroit, and Houston are in the bottom half of the statistic.

The teams I respect at the top are: Phoenix, Washington, and LAL.

Some teams look for quality possessions. I think previously this has been Woody's mantra... However, I'm glad to see that this team has tried running for the last 2 games and good things happen when we do!!!

Charles Barkley just said that we need to run more. Take that Woody, but i don't think it's Woody's fault actually. It is BK's fault for getting Woody, who is obviously not right coach for this team. BK wants a very athletic team that runs all day and than he hires Woody. A halfcourt coach WOW shocked.gif

Quote:

Dude . . . . the answer to this is easy: it makes too much sense. It's the same as why we don't continue to drive to the basket and penetrate. We went through several games and did this successfully and then went away from it.