• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is mind-blowing when you think about it

bfwolf

In the 1996 draft, Lorenzen Wright was picked 6 picks ahead of Kobe, 8 picks ahead of Nash, and 10 picks ahead of Jermaine O'Neal.

Normally I hate when people compare draft picks to somebody picked after them and say "wow, what were they thinking," but for some reason it strikes me as hilarious that somebody thought Lo Wright was going to turn out better than those guys.

Quote:

not really. lo was a dang good big man go college. and bryant and oneal were hs kids.

Well sure, there are always reasons, and usually good ones, why a certain player is taken ahead of another player in a draft. That's why I usually don't care for the comparisons. But Lo Wright is SO terrible now, it just makes me laugh to think about some NBA exec saying "No no no, we don't need that floppy-haired Canadian Nash kid. What we need is Lo Wright!!!"

Quote:

In the 1996 draft, Lorenzen Wright was picked 6 picks ahead of Kobe, 8 picks ahead of Nash, and 10 picks ahead of Jermaine O'Neal.

Normally I hate when people compare draft picks to somebody picked after them and say "wow, what were they thinking," but for some reason it strikes me as hilarious that somebody thought Lo Wright was going to turn out better than those guys.

There was a rumored 4 team trade where the Clippers were trading down to pick up the 13th pick (Kobe) from Charlotte, 14th pick from Phoenix (Nash) and the 15th pick from Portland(JONeil), for their 7th pick(Lo Wright going to Charlotte). Clippers had to pick up some contract baggage from Portland and Phoenix for that trade to go through. Sterling refused to do that.

Quote:

Quote:

There was a rumored 4 team trade where the Clippers were trading down to pick up the 13th pick (Kobe) from Charlotte, 14th pick from Phoenix (Nash) and the 15th pick from Portland(JONeil), for their 7th pick(Lo Wright going to Charlotte). Clippers had to pick up some contract baggage from Portland and Phoenix for that trade to go through. Sterling refused to do that.

I'm not sure that Nash and Kobe would be particularly complimentary parts, but still, that would be one helluva nucleus.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not sure that Nash and Kobe would be particularly complimentary parts, but still, that would be one helluva nucleus.

I am just kidding man. However, I'll take Nash, Kobe and Jo over any team you can assemble.