• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

IF Sekou's an insider, I have a feeling...

Diesel

• Premium Member

That feeling I have is that the Hawks next coach will be Doc Rivers.

If any of you watched the broadcast on Monday, there was a lot of Doc Rivers Love going on with Smitty and co... Sekou also speaks positively about Doc.

With Doc being on the hot seat in Boston, it's possible that if the AS group wins the case, that Doc is at the top of their list...

Personally, I would much rather have Terry Porter, but Doc is not so bad.

"That foul was OFFENSIVE."

-Ryan Cameron.

• Premium Member

I'm just saying, Doc comes to town and people treat him like he's Rocky Balboa or something. It's not hard to see Doc getting the nod from an ownership who grew up as Hawks fans and knows that this city needs something familiar.

I've said before, I wouldn't be surprised to see Doc and Nique as Coach and GM in the future.

• Moderators

I am not a real fan of Doc's either. I hope we do better when we make a coaching change. He would get some positive vibes as a former Hawk but he has some serious rotation and other issues that we've already been through with Woodson.

• Premium Member

If at all possible, when the ownership issue is over, I want either Terry Porter or Rick Adelman because I believe that both guys are exceptional coaches. If we have to take a coach in the meanwhile, you know it's Westhead. Because he knows how to teach the run and we need to run!

if we make a change, and if we gotta do it on the cheap, i might take a chance on popeye jones. he has done wonders with diop, and has damp playing like a real center.

his head coaching skill is an unknown (i know, hawks fans are sick of unproven coaches), but popeye is a darn good coach of big men. we couldnt lure him here with less than the hc position.

Quote:

if we make a change, and if we gotta do it on the cheap, i might take a chance on popeye jones. he has done wonders with diop, and has damp playing like a real center.

his head coaching skill is an unknown (i know, hawks fans are sick of unproven coaches), but popeye is a darn good coach of big men. we couldnt lure him here with less than the hc position.

Wow! I hadn't noticed Sloth was a coach. I always considered him the epitome of the 'if you can rebound, you will always get paid' player. Loved the guy.

Quote:

I'm just saying, Doc comes to town and people treat him like he's Rocky Balboa or something. It's not hard to see Doc getting the nod from an ownership who grew up as Hawks fans and knows that this city needs something familiar.

I've said before, I wouldn't be surprised to see Doc and Nique as Coach and GM in the future.

If they were really Hawks fans growing up. They would have immediately hired the Czar as soon as he became available.