• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al does not even make it a season...traded to GS

capstone21

Quote:

Young star on the verge . .

Emeka Okafor.

Maybe the Bobcats are the team that pulls the trigger, and brings JO to Charlotte. Charlotte has a lot of decent young players, but no stars.

But seeing the players that Indy picked up, they may opt for Adam Morrison . . lol.

who gets the better of an O'Neal/Okafor trade? O'Neal is certainly the better player now but for how long? subsequently O'Neal came straight into the NBA out of high school, Emeka spent time at UConn.

I wouldn't think Okafor is much less than 5 years younger than Jermaine, and he also spent a couple of years on the bench not playing much in Portland.

very interesting.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

i told the people over at RealGM's Indy board that their defense would go in the tank this year with Harrington. they told me he was a great defender becore he came here.

i predicted their points allowed would go up by 5 a game the second they traded for Harrington. I'm sure that has come to fruition, although scoring D seems to be up somewhat league wide.

O'Neal has to be the next shoe. this screams rebuilding to me.

I don't agree with your post as far as Harrington is concerned but I do agree that JO is on his way out of Indy. I wonder where is he going to end up? Hmmmmm.

I saw something about the negative impact of Harrington on Indy's D - here it is:

Quote:

Ron Artest may be driving the Kings batty, and Peja Stojakovic may not play again for the Hornets this season, but replacement forward Al Harrington isn't helping much in Indiana.
Statistically, the Pacers are a better defensive team with Harrington on the bench
, and if he continues to play big minutes at power forward (he's played 42 percent of Indiana's power forward minutes, compared to 16 percent at small forward), his rebounding needs to take a sharp increase. Harrington is averaging just 6.2 in 33.6 minutes a game, which is solid for a small forward but painful coming from a big forward.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...es.notes/1.html

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i told the people over at RealGM's Indy board that their defense would go in the tank this year with Harrington. they told me he was a great defender becore he came here.

i predicted their points allowed would go up by 5 a game the second they traded for Harrington. I'm sure that has come to fruition, although scoring D seems to be up somewhat league wide.

I don't agree with your post as far as Harrington is concerned but I do agree that JO is on his way out of Indy. I wonder where is he going to end up? Hmmmmm.

I saw something about the negative impact of Harrington on Indy's D - here it is:

Quote:

Ron Artest may be driving the Kings batty, and Peja Stojakovic may not play again for the Hornets this season, but replacement forward Al Harrington isn't helping much in Indiana.
Statistically, the Pacers are a better defensive team with Harrington on the bench
, and if he continues to play big minutes at power forward (he's played 42 percent of Indiana's power forward minutes, compared to 16 percent at small forward), his rebounding needs to take a sharp increase. Harrington is averaging just 6.2 in 33.6 minutes a game, which is solid for a small forward but painful coming from a big forward.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...es.notes/1.html

IMO atleast. thanks for the link AHF. I believe you can count on one hand the number of people on this board that didn't think Al Harrington was somewhere in between somewhat of a defensive liability and a gaping wound on defense. we all know he was bad, the only thing to be debated is how bad.

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. Don't be surprised if JO is dealt next. But if you deal JO, it has to be for a young player who is on the verge of becoming a borderline superstar. If they trade JO for expiring contracts . . lol.

BK looks like a genius in that Hawks/Pacers trade now.

Yes. Both, JJ and Al trade looks great for BK now. Those were the two longest trades that I can remember.

Quote:

what about Marvin/Speedy/Lo and maybe a protected 1st for JO. Marvin is an "upcoming" player..

Hell, I might give back the Indy pick as the "protected 1st". That's always attractive. Unfortunately, Indy has Granger, who is better than MW, and Dunleavy, who is paid like he's better than just about anybody. Can't see them wanting MW. Maybe a 3 way could happen with our cap space facilitating it. Oh, wait, I forgot our owners. Forget it.

W

• Premium Member

Indiana has $30M committed in 2010/11 to Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy, and Jamaal Tinsley. That's gotta suck.

Plus, where do they go for scoring now? Don't get me wrong, having Murphy next to JO is a nice frontcourt combo, but they just got A LOT less apt defensively (Murphy + Dunleavy is worse than Harrington) and lost a ton of perimeter scoring.

This bodes well for Atlanta.

...involved can appreciate the trade for themselves. Even Al had wanted to go to GS, Jackson gets a "new beginning", same for Murphy and Dunleavy with Diogu definate to get more PT as well.

As far as the players are concerned I think they appreciate it if not like it. It's good to see GM's manage trades that manage this. Of course it generally leads to lateral move trades.

W

Quote:

--off of Real GM

The Golden State Warriors have agreed to trade Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy, Ike Diogu and Keith McLeod to the Indiana Pacers for Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Sarunas Jasikevicius and Josh Powell, NBA front-office sources tell ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

---

Interesting trade. Al wanted to go to GS anyway in the summer so I am sure he is not feeling bad about this trade. If Diogu and Dunleavy live up to their potential, this could be a great trade for Indiana. Murphy's contract is huge but he is a good (not great) player when given pt. GS already has a lot of swingmen and point guards so I am not sure why they made this trade.

Wow, GS gets Yessircabbages. Good trade for them!

Larry Bird seems to be trying to collect players that won the, as Bill Simmons (?) said, and I paraphrased, Big Goofy White Guy Shooting Power Forward that Reminds Us Of Larry Bird Award. Dunleavy AND Murphy!

I wonder if Indy isn't still very self-conscious of it's image after the big riot. Jackson definately was an image problem, Al was a defensive problem. Seems that the guys they traded for are more TEAM oriented which I think is a big deal for Bird.

Of course they could've done it just to help us out to get a better pick . . . . . . . NOT.

Quote:

How many white guys from UPPER-class suburbia know what a chip on their shoulder is? He is skinny. Maybe he got called alot of names when he was little. He'll need to find his chip somewhere.

Sorry, but we know very well what a chip on the shoulder is. Like this morning, I specifically ordered a DOUBLE espresso at Starbucks. What do I get? A regular ol' espresso. I had the girl fired on the spot. That's street justice in my hood, bitches.

Quote:

I wonder if Indy isn't still very self-conscious of it's image after the big riot. Jackson definately was an image problem, Al was a defensive problem. Seems that the guys they traded for are more TEAM oriented which I think is a big deal for Bird.

Of course they could've done it just to help us out to get a better pick . . . . . . . NOT.

That is a good point. Playing as a team, buying into a team concept, these are things that can transcend ability and statistics.

Quote:

Quote:

How many white guys from UPPER-class suburbia know what a chip on their shoulder is? He is skinny. Maybe he got called alot of names when he was little. He'll need to find his chip somewhere.

Sorry, but we know very well what a chip on the shoulder is. Like this morning, I specifically ordered a DOUBLE espresso at Starbucks. What do I get? A regular ol' espresso. I had the girl fired on the spot. That's street justice in my hood, bitches.

Ahahahha..... good show.