• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Implication of 8 player trade on our pick/season

jerrywest

This will set up Indiana for a fall.

If we come together this year, and try to make a run for the playoff, Pacers are our team to beat. You know, Heat will take off soon, and if they don't the ref's will start giving Wade 25 foul shots.

That makes Indiana the actual 8th seed from the east. They are only 5 games ahead of us in the losing column. Well, whether we come together or not, I will be really happy if we pick ahead of the suns.

Rare happy day for the Hawks.

Quote:

...play angry, with a chip on their shoulder, assuming either have any chips. We'll see. I expect a short-term "fall" until the All-star break none-the-less. It appears, however, that Indy could be "tanking" to some degree. They heard the words of JO. "If it ain't gonna get better (than mediocrity) somehow, then why am I here?"

W

Quote:

"If it ain't gonna get better (than mediocrity) somehow, then why am I here?"

W

Before this trade it looked like Pacers are too far from us to catch up. I don't think NBA will allow us to catch the Heat even if we play great and Shaq is out for the season. However, Pacers will fall. Bucks are not playing well.

We are a different team with Smoove. There is a chance we could sneak in as the 8th seed. Not impossible, like it was this morning.

this trade looks like a slam dunk panic move by Indiana to me. the only way you can make an argument for this deal on Indy's side is if Stephen Jackson's attitude was tearing the team apart.

is the pick lotto protected or just top 10? I can see the Pacers finishing the year with the 11th or 12th worst record in the league right now after this deal.

Quote:

Quote:

...play angry, with a chip on their shoulder, assuming either have any chips. We'll see. I expect a short-term "fall" until the All-star break none-the-less. It appears, however, that Indy could be "tanking" to some degree. They heard the words of JO. "If it ain't gonna get better (than mediocrity) somehow, then why am I here?"

W

LOL . . I'm glad you said that Walter. Now THAT'S how you tank a season. You get a bunch of decent, but non-impact players, just to get rid of a guy who is a PR nightmare in Indy ( Stephen Jackson ).

If you're a Warriors fan, you have to be elated right now. You get 3 guys who could really excel in that system that Nellie is running out in G-State right now ( S-Jax, Al, Sarunas ).

If you're an Indy fan, you have to be saying "uh oh". Murphy is a banger that doesn't play defense. Dunleavy sure in the heck doesn't play D and his jumper is off. Only Digou has a chance to really benefit from this trade . . but only if he starts.

I look at Indy right now, and I don't see one guy outside of JO that can take over a game. Al and S-Jax showed that ability every once in a while. Now, they don't have it.

Fall back Indy . . fall all the way back.

• Moderators

Quote:

this trade looks like a slam dunk panic move by Indiana to me. the only way you can make an argument for this deal on Indy's side is if Stephen Jackson's attitude was tearing the team apart.

is the pick lotto protected or just top 10? I can see the Pacers finishing the year with the 11th or 12th worst record in the league right now after this deal.

If I recall correctly, it is top 10 protected.

Quote:

Quote:

If I recall correctly, it is top 10 protected.

something finally went right for Billy Knight!

• Moderators

Quote:

Is it lotto protected ? Topt 10 Protected ? Top 3 Protected ?

Hofefully some one has the scoop.

I am 90+% sure it is top 10 protected. You can probably do a search on this and find it out.

Quote:

Quote:

Is it lotto protected ? Topt 10 Protected ? Top 3 Protected ?

Hofefully some one has the scoop.

I am 90+% sure it is top 10 protected. You can probably do a search on this and find it out.

Atlanta receives a 2007 (top 10 protected) Indiana first-round pick. (Al Harrington trade 082206

Confirm that.