• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Looks like Zaza has lost his starting job for now

SmooveTheFuture

Quote:

Quote:

I hope it's for good.

You know that means Lorenzen starts right?

That means the Hawks center position has gone from bad to worse. Might as well start Sheldon or Soloman to get them some experience. At least we can hope htye will eventually be good where as we know Wright and Zaza are no better then backup caliber players.

...4 years into rebuilding our starting center position would be manned by Lo Wright and our Pg position by two career BUs, one with a Henderson-esque injury history?

I doubt it.

Oh well, a win's a win even if your franchise seems to be going backwards in terms of how many positions it has credibly manned with ZaZa benched and MW's needing to be, FAST.

W

lowright has seemingly played better as a starter. it's probably more of a motivation for him....

walter i understand the big man conclusion (although we attempted to draft one) but we attempted to sign the best point guard this offseason and he rejected us...what were we supposed to do, threaten to kill his family if he didnt sign? we did all we could do, throw money at the next best one.

Quote:

lowright has seemingly played better as a starter. it's probably more of a motivation for him....

walter i understand the big man conclusion (although we attempted to draft one) but we attempted to sign the best point guard this offseason and he rejected us...what were we supposed to do, threaten to kill his family if he didnt sign? we did all we could do, throw money at the next best one.

I seem to recall we passed on Paul and Deron. We also traded JT, Stephen Jackson, SAR & Theo, Al, Rasheed, Walker, Nazr...with no Pg prospect in return. That's an awful lot to trade without filling a dire need.

What big man are you refering to?

W

Quote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ai3l...mp;type=fantasy

"Update: Atlanta coach Mike Woodson said he will continue to bring Pachulia off the bench, the Atlanta Journal reports."

It's a miracle!

This is the best coaching move Woody has ever made.

I know it was an absurd no-brainer but the bottomline is that he still had to make it.

So who starts?

Edit: I see it means Lorenzen starts. THat sucks.

WEll look at it this way, at least we admitted Zaza is not a starter. And we never would have made a championship push with him as the starter.

This may mean that we finally address big man with our 1st pick in the draft.

Hopefully the UConn big falls.

Or maybe we sign a FA like Chris Kaman.

1) Kaman is not a free-agent (signed a 5 yr deal)

2) Thabeet will not "fall" down to 15-18 where the Pacers pick should be (unless they start to suck).

3) We have little to no hope of acquiring a franchise center, apart from losing games.

The trouble is, we are obviously too good to lose enough when we are healthy. However, we're not good enough to make the playoffs and certainly not to win a playoff series.

We'll see how this season turns out. Just remember these cries of glee (for a few wins) when we're watching Phoenix take our #7 pick. If we extend this streak, I'm going to have to switch to "push for the playoffs" mentality, not because I think it's best, but because I think that is our only recourse.