• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Would the Celtics Do Marvin for Al Jefferson????

LastDon

Quote:

Well I'm certainly not a BK supporter but I would not trade MW for Jefferson. MW will be a very good player in the future and he has very good skill sets. We don't need to trade MW or SW.

Jefferson is younger than MW, less experienced, and yet he has better "skill sets" (his post game is FAR better than MW's game) that actually translates to efficient production unlike MW and those skill sets are needed by our team. At best MW is a 20 PPG scorer, Jefferson can be a 22/13 player easily and is far closer to being that than MW is his ceiling.

Man, people will cling to a thread of hope more than they will definately help their team most. Just boggles my mind.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Well I'm certainly not a BK supporter but I would not trade MW for Jefferson. MW will be a very good player in the future and he has very good skill sets. We don't need to trade MW or SW.

Jefferson is younger than MW, less experienced, and yet he has better "skill sets" (his post game is FAR better than MW's game) that actually translates to efficient production unlike MW and those skill sets are needed by our team. At best MW is a 20 PPG scorer, Jefferson can be a 22/13 player easily and is far closer to being that than MW is his ceiling.

Man, people will cling to a thread of hope more than they will definately help their team most. Just boggles my mind.

W

Jefferson is older than Marvin, but your point still stands that his upside looks to be at least as good as Marvin's and he is much closer to achieving it than Marvin is, not to mention he plays a position we need help with while Marvin plays a position we have in abundance. AND he makes nearly $3MM a year less.

I guess people just become very attached to the players on their own team and overrate them. There's no other explanation.

Why does Walter have so much trouble with Marvins age? A few days ago he didn't know the difference between Gerald Green being 6 months older or younger than Marvin. And now he makes the totally false statement that Marvin is more experieneced that Jefferson?

Jefferson is already 22...Marvin is 20. Jefferson has been in the league 3 years, MW just 2. How is Marvin more experienced?

Is this deception due to ignorance or dishonesty? You have been called out several times this week on this stuff.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I disagree that Marvin would not have trade value because he is overpaid.

No team should be interested in getting Marvin's current output at Marvin's current price. Any team interested in him would be based on the potential that he will have a breakout season next year and become a good value. We have to be honest with ourselves and assess the realistic possibility of Marvin having such a breakout season. Frankly, I don't see it as likely, and I doubt we could find a GM who'd be willing to take a gamble on his potential by giving up a proven talent.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I have no doubt that GMs would take Marvin with the assumption he will continue to improve and be a much higher value asset in the future than he is now.