• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks might be alright if they don't get a top-3

WraithSentinel

pick.

http://nbadraft.net

I was looking through the draft. Outside of the top-3. This draft is very deep on SF/SG,SF/PF. In short basically players we already deep in. There might be one or two players at best who we can say could help this team. That is Thabeet or Horford. Beyond that though we should be alright with the Pacers pick(if they don't tank the season now).

Quote:

pick.

http://nbadraft.net

I was looking through the draft. Outside of the top-3. This draft is very deep on SF/SG,SF/PF. In short basically players we already deep in. There might be one or two players at best who we can say could help this team. That is Thabeet or Horford. Beyond that though we should be alright with the Pacers pick(if they don't tank the season now).

Wow.. They have us taking 2 more 6-7/6-8 SFs. They know BK too well! smile.gif

At this point they don't take team needs into account in mock drafts.

Good news for the Hawks is that Ronald Steele's stock has been dropping. he has been playing hurt and has been struggling.

It would be nice if Jarvis comes out. I know BK would love to have a big pg.

The Brewer kid from Florida is one of the best defenders in college b-ball. I could defnitely see BK taking him, if a big man or a real good PG isn't available.

He's the type of guy you could insert into a game to replace what Salim gives us. Brewer is a long defender who can guard 2's and 3's with ease. And he might be even more athletic than both Chill or Marvin.

Definitely BK's type of player.

If we go the PG route, the kind of PG we get is heavily influenced by the kind of game we want to play. If we want to be the half-court offense team that Woodson wants us to be, then a big PG who can get to the hole and finish inside (or pass out to the perimeter for open Js) and maybe even post up a little bit would be the way to go. If we want to be a running team like many of us want the Hawks to be, then size is not as important as court vision, speed, and quick hands that can force turnovers and get the team off and running.

Quote:

pick.

We have no idea who of the freshmen forced to play a year of college will test the NBA waters and stay in the pool even if they aren't assured lottery picks.

Here's hoping a big Pg with big upside comes along like as someone else (CBAreject?) mentioned Crittenton at GT. We need more than Ronald Steele in the pool or else as the only real Pg he gets picked early by a team needing a Pg.

I only want another 6'8" player or forward if he can:

1) definately play Pg

2) is a superstar (alah Durant, although he's 6'10")

3) is both

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

At this point they don't take team needs into account in mock drafts.

When has BK EVER took to account team needs? Chill, Smith, Donta, and Viktor ALL in the same draft?? The year AFTER selecting Diaw AND we were getting Harrington and Walker? I guess you could say Shelden was a need but he was still drafted to be a backup, he's also 6'8, unless BK wants him to play center..

Quote:

Good news for the Hawks is that Ronald Steele's stock has been dropping. he has been playing hurt and has been struggling.

BK will not select Ronald Steele. He will use our Indy pick on a 6'9 player, and after the draft he will say he tried to trade up for Steele, Crittenton, etc..

I do agree about Crittenton though I would love to have him on this team..