• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Marvin to Portland!

lush23

• Premium Member

Quote:

Second, as good as Nash is, he isn't the huge reason all those guys are suddenly good.

Funny considering the year they got him they were 2-6 without him and like 60-14 with him.

Didn't they still have JJ, Marion and Amare the year before? I know Marbs was there half the season but he wasn't the reason they were 33 games worse the year before than after they got Nash..

Quote:

Your missing a much bigger picture. Why was Nash not as good in Dallas? OK, he was good but not like THIS. Why? He spent his prime years in Dallas. Guys don't hit their prime at 31 like Nash...prime is 25, 26, 27...

Can there not be exceptions to the rule?? He damn well could have hit his prime at 31. Most players PEAK PRIME is about 29-30. We're talking about a 1-2 year difference. BTW Nash has been on the highest scoring team in the NBA for the last 6 YEARS, including his Dallas days! Every team he's been on has been an offensive firepower..

Besides he's even BETTER this year! He's averaging 20 and 10!!

Quote:

Nash is the perfect catalyst for the Suns system, the reason he is better in PHX in his 30's is that system fits him like a glove.

Nash could play for any team in the league and average MINIMUM 15 and 10.

Quote:

Look at Barbosa. He is now thriving at PG in the system and will take over when Nash falls off. That Euro system is what kicks the USA's butt in International play.

When he takes over, the Suns will become an average playoff team. They are not winning a championship without Nash.

Quote:

That Suns system is perfect for the talent we have on the Hawks. Perfect. Because our guys are pretty good passers and are genuinely unselfish. It's why I want Marc Iavaroni so bad...the Hawks are a top 3 team in the East with a good PG...and the Suns system (Iavaroni). Woodson is the half court plodder we don't need but our ownership doesn't have a clue.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. We need to run, run and run. However like you said we need a pg for this. I think Speedy could be that for us with the right coach, but that's IF he can get and stay healthy..

We'll just have to disagree on the Diaw thing. So Nash AND the system made him look that good. Either way it produced career numbers for THREE people on the Suns last year, and I guarantee if he or Nash ends up on another team, Diaw's contract will be up there with the worst in the league..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying Nash isn't great, I'm saying its the perfect storm with his game and the way D'Antoni coaches. Frankly, its the way the game should be played. Rarely do you see that team resort to one on one basketball.

I disagree about Speedy being the PG on a hypothetical up tempo team. First, Speedy doesn't pass that well. He isn't one of those PG's who has a knack of getting the ball where it needs to be on every possession. He is also a well below average shooter, which means he can't keep defenses honest. You can play off Claxton and dare him to shoot. Speedy plays good defense, that is his overwhelming strength.

His knee condition looks chronic...we signed a pig in a poke. Funny, I always hear how Knight looks at guys injury potential before he drafts or signs somebody. How did he miss this deal?

We don't have to worry about up tempo anyway. The owners are too broke and too stupid to make the right changes. Woody fell into a great situation for him because he can suck like nobodies business and the Spirit will make an excuse. Marc Iavaroni and we make the playoffs...easy.