• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why do the Hawks punish us so?

gsuteke

Quote:

JJ, Chill, and Smoove will stedily improve over the years, and the Hawks shouldn't be a lower-echilon team in the years to come. Even if we don't get the big impact guy, we should get enough serviceable guys to man the middle, in order to get us to playoff level.

If JS get what he's worth he's going to cost us alot, JC something close. That leaves us no FA money. So, I don't see how your plan works AT ALL. These guys aren't good enough without a legit post presence and soon enough their cost will prohibit our getting said post presence. The window for one is NOW but without tanking I haven't heard any likely scenarios that involve getting a great post player. Short of that we're going to church not competiting.

Quote:

And that's the goal right now, get to playoff level . . NOT win a championship.

Wrong. The goal is to position ourselves for a championship. That takes first getting enough talent. If you design first for the playoffs then once you get there you don't have the flexibility to significantly improve the team.

You have also described MW and SW a "bench depth" and JS and JC as "solid players" today. That simply won't cut it by your own definition.

W

Quote:

I believe not keeping our pick this year sets us back far more than a year.

This is entirely true and what I've been trying to get across. If we don't get a top 3 pick this year, I think this team will not win with this core. The next year we get some gross pick like #9. Maaaaaaybe we get a PG with that pick, but not a C.

If we lose the next year, it's time to start asking if we should blow it up and try again.

We have got to realize just how critical this lottery is. Nobody wanted it to come to this, but it has. If we lose this pick, we're probably looking at several more years of losing.

Quote:

The goal is to make the playoffs with a young and up and coming team, and then package a few of those players for a star to put them over the top.

Name a team that has done this and won a championship besides the Miami Heat. They certainly are the exception rather than the rule. I don't see how their one example makes it "the goal".

Quote:

Stars get traded EVERY year

What do you mean by "stars"? If you mean superstars, you're wrong.

Quote:

when you are a young and good team, players will WANT to be traded here

Yes, but we aren't a good team.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Name a team that has done this and won a championship besides the Miami Heat. They certainly are the exception rather than the rule. I don't see how their one example makes it "the goal".

I don't feel like looking up all that crap but the Detroit Pistons come to mind. Mavs added Jason Terry who put them into the finals.

Quote:

What do you mean by "stars"? If you mean superstars, you're wrong.

Did I say superstars?

Quote:

Yes, but we aren't a good team.

You do know that we are the youngest team in the NBA right?? Noone other than JJ is in his prime, and JJ still isn't FULLY into his prime yet.

Name the last team that was the YOUNGEST in the league and made the playoffs. BTW with all our injuries I don't see how we'd be doing great anyway..

Quote:

Mavs added Jason Terry who put them into the finals.

LOLOLOL. They got Terry to replace a better Nash who they let get away. The reason for their finals appearance was a Nowitzki who had entered his prime.

Quote:

Did I say superstars?

Well, now that I know you think JT is a star, it makes everything more clear. You think this team is a JT away from the NBA finals. Oh my sides!

Quote:

You do know that we are the youngest team in the NBA right??

You do know that at the spots we're worst, we aren't all that young. PG and C are manned by vets. We stink there, and we have no way to acquire the type of talent we need at C without tanking.

• Premium Member

Quote:

LOLOLOL. They got Terry to replace a better Nash who they let get away. The reason for their finals appearance was a Nowitzki who had entered his prime.

Please, Nowitzki's been great the last 3-4 years.

I don't think Terry > Nash, however he was better for their team in the playoffs. The Nash in Dallas is not the Nash in Phx. You're telling me that JT's playoff performance was not absolutely CRUCIAL to Dallas's success last year?? Terry was EASILY the 2nd best player on that team, and for many games, the best player.

Although JT isn't a great defensive player he >>>>>>>>>>> Nash.

Quote:

Well, now that I know you think JT is a star, it makes everything more clear. You think this team is a JT away from the NBA finals. Oh my sides!

Dude Dallas was ALREADY a good playoff team! We are not!

I don't think JT is a star, however in the 06 playoffs he was DEFINITELY one. He single handedly won a few of those games last year..

Quote:

You do know that at the spots we're worst, we aren't all that young. PG and C are manned by vets. We stink there, and we have no way to acquire the type of talent we need at C without tanking.

Zaza a vet?? Solomon a vet?? We've played without Lue and Speedy for half the season. And it's BK's fault that we don't have young talent at pg. He's passed Paul, Deron, Felton, Duhon, Daniel Gibson, and chances to get Jarrett Jack AND Marcus Williams.

What was good for Dallas in the playoffs was having Shaq traded over to the East and a declining Tim Duncan.

Hahahaha. You think Dallas was on the fringe and JT put them over the top. Howard had a lot more to do with their success than JT.

Quote:

Dude Dallas was ALREADY a good playoff team! We are not!

That's what I've been saying. We suck. We need a superstar, not some 3rd option. We're a team of 3rd options (albeit 3rd options who have not yet developed). Give me a Nowitzki and you can start thinking about adding a JT-level player to put us "over-the-top".

Quote:

And it's BK's fault that we don't have young talent at pg.

AGAIN you don't know what your argument is. It doesn't matter whose fault it is that we are in this mess! We are still in it!

It's like you think you can say something negative and it helps whatever point you're trying to make.

Here's an example.

CBA: I think we should tank.

AtLaS: I disagree. Look, the price of gasoline is high. We shouldn't tank.

What a doof.

Quote:

AGAIN you don't know what your argument is. It doesn't matter whose fault it is that we are in this mess! We are still in it!

It's like you think you can say something negative and it helps whatever point you're trying to make.

Here's an example.

What a doof.

The price of a tank of gas = $2.18. The price of not tanking = 5-10 years of insignificance. Winning top 3 in the lottery? Priceless.

W

• Premium Member

The sad part of this current crop of Hawks talent is that aside from JJ, Smoove and Chill we couldn't get any kind of real talent back for the rest of the bums. So its either nab Oden and pray one big man can truly turn it around or we're stuck for rebuilding yet again.

Quote:

The sad part of this current crop of Hawks talent is that aside from JJ, Smoove and Chill we couldn't get any kind of real talent back for the rest of the bums. So its either nab Oden and pray one big man can truly turn it around or we're stuck for rebuilding yet again.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Hahahaha. You think Dallas was on the fringe and JT put them over the top. Howard had a lot more to do with their success than JT.

Howard more important to Dallas's playoff success than Terry? SMH at that moronic statement.

If you can't tell how important JT was to Dallas's success in the playoffs last year you know nothing about basketball. He made ALL the big shots, some games he completely took over. Dirk had THE big one against SA in game 7, but Terry definitely kept them in that game.. Without Terry's clutch performances, they wouldn't have even been CLOSE to game 7, maybe not even in the conference finals.

Quote:

That's what I've been saying. We suck. We need a superstar, not some 3rd option. We're a team of 3rd options (albeit 3rd options who have not yet developed). Give me a Nowitzki and you can start thinking about adding a JT-level player to put us "over-the-top".

I knew you were going to say this. We are better than our record suggests, and our players are going to improve TREMENDOUSLY, just look how many injuries we've had.

Quote:

And we'd be in an even worse mess if we DON'T get the pick, which the odds are stacked against us that we won't.

What happens when we don't get it?? You have already told the team that they aren't good enough by tanking, so what do you tell them next season?? "Alright guys" lets go out and WIN!!" Or tell them to tank again next season??

Like I've said the players will hate the franchise.

Quote:

Here's an example.

What a doof.

This must be why your name is reject, because you are an idiot.

How come you only come around when you are talking about tanking?

Quote:

This is the straight truth. And it is REALLY sad. I live in Chicago and am headed to the Bulls-Hawks game Tuesday. Am I actually going to attend a live game and openly root against my team? It's possible.