• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Celtics suffer from the same disease we do.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Young players and lots of injuries.

Young players don't know how to play with a lead.

Plus, Lots of injuries.

Moroever, they only have one true goto scorer...

Strangely enough, our experience helped us to win tonight!!!

Strangely enough, our experience did help.

Hawks, being so young, seem to play up or down, depending

on the talent, experience, etc. of the opponent. We saw

this when we played the Bobcats.

Energy for the Atlanta team wins. We saw the results

again. When they play without a lot of energy, they

loose, time after time.

When the shots begin to fall and the energy is high,

the Hawks are awesome. Too many times, the energy

is just not there and the shooting is just off enough

that we get buried.

Three things that will keep the Hawks going:

1- Lots of energy - Hustle.

2- Hit a high % of their free throws. These points count, too!

3- Make a reasonable % of their shots from 3 pt land.

With this formula, we still must get our share of the

rebounds and limit turnovers.

If all this works, Hawks will be in every game and win

their share of them. Problem is, we have trouble

making everything work at the same time. Experience

will help correct this, we hope.

smirk.gif

• Moderators

You can see why these teams are losing so much now. A good team never would have let the Hawks back in.

I couldn't believe we had a 10 point first quarter and I only saw one timeout. Then Boston goes like 8 minutes without a point and I don't think Doc called any timeouts.

-WHERE IS SOLOMON JONES??? did he get hurt and I missed it.

-Smoove is emerging as our only guy beside Joe who seems to know what to do out there. Not that the other guys aren't trying but their getting down mentally playing sad ball.

Quote:

...Strangely enough, our experience helped us to win tonight!!!

If Josh Smith twists his ankle in the first half we get blown out by fifteen...because we never make that run.

Give credit where credit is due.

Josh Smith is the only reason we had a chance to come back in that game. He was a one man gang in the third quarter when the game was turned around.

Quote:

I don't understand how the Celtics have won a single game without Paul Pierce....

Jefferson is a stud inside and Perkins can play some - but I agree vdunk. We shot 36% from the field and beat them at their place (they shot 31.6%).

From what I saw last night I would not want any of Boston's three PGs. They play selfish and out of control basketball. I don't see how Celtics fans can put up with that mess up there.

P.S. - I was stationed in Boston in the shipyard for a year (navy) years back and we were lucky enough to get some tickets through their "support the military" program...got to see the Celtics and Bird/McHale/Parrish/DJ in the old Garden. We were in the worst seats in the place but it was awesome. Now they are almost down to laughingstock status - sad.

Quote:

...Delonte West is a good player.

He may very well be but he sure stunk it up last night, putting his head down and stumbling across the lane. He was really lucky he got some blocking calls or he'd have fouled out after about 3 quarters.

I just think he's too out of control to run a smart offense. He's a great FT shooter though.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't understand how the Celtics have won a single game without Paul Pierce....

Jefferson is a stud inside and Perkins can play some - but I agree vdunk. We shot 36% from the field and beat them at their place (they shot 31.6%).

From what I saw last night I would not want any of Boston's three PGs. They play selfish and out of control basketball. I don't see how Celtics fans can put up with that mess up there.

P.S. - I was stationed in Boston in the shipyard for a year (navy) years back and we were lucky enough to get some tickets through their "support the military" program...got to see the Celtics and Bird/McHale/Parrish/DJ in the old Garden. We were in the worst seats in the place but it was awesome. Now they are almost down to laughingstock status - sad.

The same way we but up with the mess in Atlanta! Seriously, their squad last night was the equivalent of the Hawks playing without JJ.

Once Jefferson, their lone remaining offensive weapon, went down, the Hawks were playing a D-League team.

• Premium Member

Oh, I agree with you.

Josh Smith was a one man gang... But what you saw in Boston was inexperience. What you saw in us tonight was experience. We've been where they are. When we started coming back... and got the game down to 8 points, those Boston Kids gave up. I believe the only one still playing with heart was Telfair. Our experience said "18 points down, you can still make a game of it."