• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anyone catch the quote from Woody last night?

Admin

Quote: 
"That makes life easy -- if he can do it every night," Woodson said. "He's our go-to guy and they key on him and he gets a lot of double- and triple-teams. Tonight he was able to beat a lot of them."

Woodson said the Hawks hope to have point guard Speedy Claxton return to practice Tuesday. Claxton, who was expected to be the team's starter, has missed 10 straight games with a sore left knee. Overall, he has missed 15 games with sore knees this season.

Meanwhile, backup point guard Tyronn Lue played in his fourth game since missing 16 of 17 games with a groin injury. Lue started and played 26 minutes Monday night "and that's too many for him," Woodson said.

Woodson said the team may have to look for help at the position because Johnson often has to fill in as the point guard.

"We've got to probably start thinking about another point guard," Woodson said.

It would really surprise me to see the trading deadline pass and us not make a move for someone. I doubt it will be anyone who is starter quality, but you never know.

Philly just might take expiring contracts and the Indy 1st rounder for Andre Miller. While he isn't a perfect PG, he plays good enough defense and would probably cut our team turnovers in half, not to mention he would help get JJ some much needed relief in bringing the ball up the court.

Telfair or one of the other Boston PGs might be an option. I doubt that NJ would trade Marcus Williams, but you never know. Maybe Ridnour in Seattle or Brevin Knight who is supposedly available.

Of course we could also look at the D-League for someone useless but from the tone of Woody's comment it seems to me that they are looking for someone who can legitimately help as we know that Lue and Speedy are both injury prone and right now Lue can barely play even the slightest bit of defense (which is down from his normally pretty bad defense).

I think NJ would trade Williams, but we'd have to give up something you wouldn't like (Childress or MW).

Indy pick / Zaza for Marcus Williams is a lot, but it might get it done since Krstic is out.

Lue/Zaza? Hmmmm. I would do it in a flash, but I don't see us giving up one of our PG's to get a more inexperienced PG. Doubt NJ does it.

I know... I was *VERY* surprised to see that...

That statement stuck out like a sore thumb...

Was he stating that 26 minutes is too much for Lue this close to coming back from an injury or in general?

Cause there's no doubt this team runs smoother with Lue on the court...

Guys I would like to get (some more than others) who are "realistically" able to be acquired:

Carlos Arroyo

Jose Calderon

Antonio Daniels

Chris Duhon

Brevin Knight

Luke Ridnour

Sergio Rodriquez

Damon Stoudamire

Delonte West

Marcus Williams

What expiring contracts do the Hawks have that Philly would want for Miller? I think we only match up with them by trading them some good, young talent for him. Arroyo isn't the sexy pick, but he might be a good fit for this team. My school used to play against him when I was in high school and he was simply amazing to watch.

So what I am hearing is that we are going to get Andre Miller and put 10 million dollars of PG on the bench? Not likely.

Our PG position is set for the forseeable future. We just need to live with it. We won't be able to get a big man that is not a stiff, because people don't tend to give them up. Our only trade options is to trade our young swingmen for a more reliable swingman, i.e. Marvin for Maggette.

T-Lue was hurting big time last night. He was never good on defense but now can't play any. He can't get to the hole and is having trouble moving at all.

He is out there on guts alone. I will not be surprised to see him shut down for a long while any day now.

Speedy should look at Lue as how a guy plays when he is in discomfort. Speedy was a BK waste...and is a wuss.

So, we need a PG? No kidding?

Quote:

So what I am hearing is that we are going to get Andre Miller and put 10 million dollars of PG on the bench? Not likely.

Our PG position is set for the forseeable future. We just need to live with it. We won't be able to get a big man that is not a stiff, because people don't tend to give them up. Our only trade options is to trade our young swingmen for a more reliable swingman, i.e. Marvin for Maggette.

Lakers would gladly take Lue from us. We could even get some consolation prize from them. Give Lue a few more games and he'll be back at full strength.

I think the quote is very interesting, but Woody has to know the status of the ownership debacle. And that they are not able to put any more money into the team, that they likely will lose. Saw this over on RealGM:

here is espn.com’s John Hollinger’s answer to a question from earlier today that summarizes ownership concerns:

** Matt (Boston): Why aren’t the Hawks major players in the trade market… They have young talent, a top player in Joe Johnson, and a great defensive player in Josh Smith.

John Hollinger: Everything is on hold until the ownership snafu gets settled. If the current owners lose the team, as it seems they might, then the obvious thing to do is manage the team for the short-term and extract as much profit as possible. Which means deals that take on contracts are strictly verboten. **

Makes me think if they made any trades it would be for future assets; ie draft picks, young studs.

Quote:

Quote:

Lakers would gladly take Lue from us. We could even get some consolation prize from them. Give Lue a few more games and he'll be back at full strength.

I would happily do Lue for Jordan Farmer. Problem is, the Lakers would not do that deal.