• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Soph and Rookie team roster announce (No Hawks)!

gutz

This is a joke right here!!! Marvin and Shelden get left off the rookie and soph rosters but guys like Luther Head and Danny Granger get in over Marvin for the soph team. Pathetic!

http://www.nba.com/allstar2007/news/challenge_070131.html

ROOKIE TEAM ROSTER

PLAYER TEAM POS. HT. WT. FROM

Andrea Bargnani Toronto F 7-0 250 Italy

Jordan Farmar L.A. Lakers G 6-2 180 UCLA

Randy Foye Minnesota G 6-4 213 Villanova

Jorge Garbajosa Toronto C 6-9 245 Spain

Rudy Gay Memphis G 6-9 220 Connecticut

Paul Millsap Utah F 6-8 258 Louisiana Tech

Adam Morrison Charlotte F 6-8 205 Gonzaga

Brandon Roy Portland G 6-6 229 Washington

Marcus Williams New Jersey G 6-3 205 Connecticut

Head Coach: TBD; Assistant Coach: TBD

SOPHOMORE TEAM ROSTER

PLAYER TEAM POS. HT. WT. FROM

Andrew Bogut Milwaukee F 7-0 245 Utah

Andrew Bynum L.A. Lakers C 7-0 275 St. Joseph HS (NJ)

Monta Ellis Golden State G 6-3 177 Lanier HS (Miss.)

Raymond Felton Charlotte G 6-1 198 North Carolina

Danny Granger Indiana F 6-9 228 New Mexico

Luther Head Houston G 6-3 185 Illinois

David Lee New York F 6-9 249 Florida

Chris Paul NOK G 6-0 175 Wake Forest

Deron Williams Utah G 6-3 210 Illinois

Head Coach: TBD; Assistant Coach: TBD

Quote:

Marvin is borderline, especially if you consider that he missed a lot of the year, and they might look at both years.

Shelden should clearly be there IMO.

Not sure I agree with that. He's had his moments but when you look at the year over all he has not reached that level. Gotta wonder how much of that is coaching?

Not really. You don't draft players for their performance in their first year or year and a half. Certainly Shelden was supposed to be more ready, but a rookie is still a rookie. We'll see in a few years if these guys were worth it.

I mean neither Smith nor Childress made the sophomore team and only Smith squeaked into the rookie team I believe. I still really like those players.

Soph team got 5 out of 9 players at 6-3 or below and 2 7 footers. That leaves 2 players between 6-3 and 7-0. You know BK only drafts between 6-4 and 6-11.

Leaving Marvin out is riddiculous. Injury sidelined him for too long though. However, Roy made it in the rookie team probably because he was head and shoulder above others. Marvin had to do that to get in. Isn't Paul out with injury?

Shelden still leads the rookies in rebounds, right? His minutes are down lately and that has pushed his stocks down.

Hawks will be really angry tonight.

Look at the bright side. No injuries for us in the rookie game.

Quote:

This just goes to show you how bad both of these players have been value wise the 2nd overall and 5th overall picks for the Hawks cant make a 24 man roster of rookies. This is the reason this franchise is not better then it is right now BK needs to be fired. This is very sad guys.

its only 18 players on this roster. is it suppose to be 24 roster spots?

Do you realize last year they had a 3 year player in TJ Ford and a 25 Year Old Rookie In Nocini in the game which imo should not have been there Smith was def. snubbed last year. I do not think Shelden or Marvin deserved to be in the game. They are not the top players from there class at this point maybe in the future but not now. Lets not put the homer googles on and be realistic. Marvin and Shelden are not playing like they should be and thats why they arent there.

Quote:

Quote:

This just goes to show you how bad both of these players have been value wise the 2nd overall and 5th overall picks for the Hawks cant make a 24 man roster of rookies. This is the reason this franchise is not better then it is right now BK needs to be fired. This is very sad guys.

its only 18 players on this roster. is it suppose to be 24 roster spots?

My bad I thought it was a 12 man team its only 9.