• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Latest from Levenson

ATL_BALLER

• Premium Member

I'm actually thinking we may win 40...

But somebody asked what 35 wins means. I say: It's a start.

For a young team like ours, it's a start.

There was an equally young team a few years ago... They won 35 games.

They're starting 5 was:

Jeff McInnis, Ricky Davis, Carlos Boozer, Big Z and LEBRON JAMES...

At the time, James was a 20/5.5/6 guy while Boozer was a 15.5/11.4/2 guy...

That was a start.

With young teams, you need a starting place.

Quote:

....But somebody asked what 35 wins means. I say: It's a start.

For a young team like ours, it's a start.

There was an equally young team a few years ago... They won 35 games.

They're starting 5 was:

Jeff McInnis, Ricky Davis, Carlos Boozer, Big Z and LEBRON JAMES...

At the time, James was a 20/5.5/6 guy while Boozer was a 15.5/11.4/2 guy...

That was a start.

With young teams, you need a starting place.

Totally insane....shoot us that LeBron and I'll talk to you D - LOL - get real pal. JS ans JJ can get us to average - and hell - we should take that as much as we've stunk.

Quote:

Did anybody know that Washington went from a 25 win team to a 45 win team a couple of years ago?

I agree 35 wins is nothing to rave about but damn I guess you guys are forgetting that we are the youngest team in the NBA and have been the most injury ravaged team in the NBA this year. Now that we are "almost" healthy look how we are playing. We had our first winning month since 2002! Washington was 42-40 last year and look how they are playing now with the same exact team as they had last year. With JJ, Smoove, Chill and Marvin all playing well this team can make some serious noise down the stretch. I would love to see us get the 8th seed in the playoffs. We can compete with any team in the East.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sadly some of the rabid BK apologists on this very site will foam at the mouth in childish glee if we get to thirty wins this season.

30 would be a disappointment to me, despite the injuries.

Yet, the problem with this rhetoric is that MANY of us said BEFORE the season that we would be pleased with 35 wins. Some of us were rightly cautious about expecting this team to make the playoffs this season, especially after Woodson himself expressed concerns.

If the Hawks can get to 35 wins this season and make the playoffs next year, I'll be fine with the improvement. Rebuilding from scratch (amid one of the most disgusting ownership feuds in recent sports history, nonetheless) has to be one of the most difficult tasks in sports.