• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is Josh Smith Officially a 20/10 Guy?

BusBoyIsBack

Once is an accident, twice is a trend. What about the 6+ game streak Josh Smith is on averaging 20/10?

I am starting to think it's not a fluke and he's reaching his potential faster than a whole lot of us expected.

He is no longer an X-factor. He's actually a guy we should expect to produce.

Now it's time for Shelden, Marvin, or someone else to step up and support JJ and Josh who are our best two players.

Yes Sir I believe it hes has shown he can take the ball to the basket and hit the jumper get to the line dribble the ball above avg which many doubted he could do well. He can rebound even though I think he can be rebound well closer in the 11-12 range a night. He avgs 1.5 steals and 2.7 blocks what more do you ask from him. Josh Smith needs to get at least 40 mins a night he deserves it. He needs to be our 2nd scoring option and needs touches because he clearly can product he has wat five 20/10 games in 6 games? Thats really impressive if you ask me. I think we have our own Chris Bosh, Amare, Jermaine Oneal type player right here just younger and not the great low post moves but everything else he can do just as good if not better. Also Smith has no PG to get him the ball like those guys do. I want to see this continue the rest of the way and we can make the playoffs and hell get some votes for most improved.

It was a mixture, In the first quarter he had 2 driving dunks that where amazing. He had 8 points then Woody decided to sit him down at the time. When he was the only one playing with purporse early in the game for 8 minutes. That's why we lost because Shelden came in and did absolutely nothing.... He finished with 26 and 12....

It is way too early to call him a 20/10 guy since i think only 5 guys are currently averaging 20/10.

However if you look at his season numbers of 14/8 shooting 44% while also being 5th in the league in blocks you have to say that he is a very productive player. And he is shooting 48% from the field since Dec 1.

He has really been putting up big numbers since he has been starting at the 4. It will be interesting to see if he can do it consistently.

The main thing he needs to work on now is cutting down his turnovers. Sometimes he tends to force passes into tight spots, trying to anticipate where a player will be.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He had 8 points then Woody decided to sit him down at the time. When he was the only one playing with purporse early in the game for 8 minutes.

it was actually at 6 minutes..

Does'nt matter it was stupid ...

I know, it was BEYOND stupid, it was completely retarted. You don't take out a player 6 minutes into the game who is blowing up, especially one that is 21 years old, he's young he's got endurance..

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He had 8 points then Woody decided to sit him down at the time. When he was the only one playing with purporse early in the game for 8 minutes.

it was actually at 6 minutes..

Does'nt matter it was stupid ...

I know, it was BEYOND stupid, it was completely retarted. You don't take out a player 6 minutes into the game who is blowing up, especially one that is 21 years old, he's young he's got endurance..

Woody does'nt understand that though, that's why he has to go....

Uh no thanks Smoove is fine,He did not have that bad of a first month regardless of what you say and Past years dont matter anymore..

And you wanna talk about players playing horrible: let's talk about Marvin and Shelden who are looking like busts right now. They are the players who need to be consistent every single game

• Premium Member

so in other words because he had a below average first month, he hasn't had a good season??

BTW in his first season, the reason for the numbers difference is because he was getting more minutes in the second half. Also because we got rid of Walker who was a black hole, and last year because we got rid of Harrington who took TONS of shots and slowed the game down. That HUGELY affects a players stats..

• Premium Member

Quote:

Then how do you explain the second season disparity? Which is worse than the first year disparity. Face it, so far he has been a 2nd half player and UNTIL he plays well in the first month, then he hasn't "arrived".

I just explained it. We rid ourselves of Walker and gave Smith more minutes in his rookie season, which resulted in better stats.

In his second season, he definitely improved his play, but I wouldn't call him strictly a "second half player." He was injured for the first part of this year, he said the hernia was bothering him but he didn't want to sit out, and finally the pain became too much. This could be why he was taking so many jumpers early on (I could be wrong), and is now looking to drive so much. Besides he's been playing well ever since he's returned, this is before the AS break.

Also he's playing different now then the 2nd half of last season. He's playing PF first of all, getting more rebounds, and he's not taking as many jumpshots, he's driving to the basket relentlessly.