• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Woodson Consensus Poll

AHF

• Premium Member

Quote:

Woodson has been a failure overall but has at least kept guys competing hard, even if he doesn't put them in a position to really succeed.

I think this is actually about the most accurate assessment of Woodson that I have heard all year.

However, I still went with unmitigated disaster..

Quote:

I would assume he was trying to say sufficiently and had a seizure halfway through typing the word.

LOL. That's what happens when you view this board over your cellphone, and have exactly 4 minutes to type what you want to say . . plus keep it under 512 characters. LOL . . I'm pushing buttons as fast as I can, before my connection cuts off. Once that happens, I have to re-log in, and start the process all over.

Translation: I either need a Treo or a Crackberry.

I think you are being nice with the next to last option. We need to have a discussion on what "competing hard" is. I think if you come out flat and not ready, then chop a lead late, you haven't really competed hard. You were in a fog for a large chunk of the game. Why are so many people blind to this? Execution is part of playing hard. Mental awareness is part of competing. We lose because we DON'T play hard enough.

Quote:

I think you are being nice with the next to last option. We need to have a discussion on what "competing hard" is. I think if you come out flat and not ready, then chop a lead late, you haven't really competed hard. You were in a fog for a large chunk of the game. Why are so many people blind to this? Execution is part of playing hard. Mental awareness is part of competing. We lose because we DON'T play hard enough.

Most young players in ALL SPORTS have mental breakdowns. And it has nothing to do with competing or playing hard. It has everything to do with their concentration and their experience in certain situations.

If that was the case, every young QB that enters the NFL, wouldn't look lost as hell. As good as Vince Young looked at times last year, he looked just as bad. Same goes for Matt Leinart. Same goes for Jay Cutler. That's a mark of a young player.

Most of your elite teams in the NBA, have very few 3 years and under players on the roster making major contributions. Almost all of them consist of veteran players making huge contributions. There's a reason for that.

EXPERIENCE.