• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vince "The Overrated" Chucker

TexasPete

VC should not be going to the All-Star game over JJ...period. How do the crappy Nets have TWO All Stars? If those guys are so great why aren't the Nets better?

VC is one of those guys who don't make their teammates better. Because he is such a great dunker he is overrated. The NBA is all about the show and not the substance. Its why VC goes and JJ stays. Not to mention guys like JKidd who is well past his prime and doesn't belong there either. A 14ppg/8apg guy doesn't make the team if his name isn't Kidd. The guys who have been All Stars for years don't even have to back it up anymore because the ignorant fans and coaches aren't paying attention and its an unwritten rule that you have to pay tribute to guys like Kidd.

The NBA has this caste system where certain guys just have to make the team and guys who don't do all the self promotion and are quiet like JJ get the shaft.

JJ was the best player on the court today and he gets to stay home while the overrated chucker and the aging once great PG get in on reputation only.

Aaaah! Such is life.

I agree. These guys are still good players. No doubt

about that, but JJ is better than good.

Wouldn't trade JJ for either of them, would you?

Yet, they go and JJ stays. Stinks, doesn't it.

frown.gif

I get so tired of the NBA superstar rules. Stars never travel, stars never charge, stars always get the call even when not fouled...and they get automatic All Star berths when they have no business going. There are really only about 8 All Stars every year...you always have about 4 that are reputation guys. JKidd is one of those. Carter never makes his teammates better, balls go to him and never leave.

WOAH!! I think JJ's definitely an all star, but Vince is no overrated chucker, and he has a far better all around game than back in his non-stop-dunking days. He shot over 50% from the field and 50% from 3 point range today, along with 7 boards and 8 assists, 2 blocks and a steal. Those are far from chucker numbers.

Quote:

If those guys are so great why aren't the Nets better?

Agreed to a point, but they weren't exactly deep coming into the year beyond the starting 5, and Kristic and Jefferson have missed a bunch of time. They aren't terrible, they're barely out of the 8th spot. Vince and Kidd get a extra push from previous performance and how recognizable they are to the average fun, but they've earned that.

It's a fan's game, I wish it were chosen by the players and coaches, but it's not. There are definitely guys who made the all star game that shouldn't have, I don't think Kidd and Carter are among them.

Quote:

WOAH!! I think JJ's definitely an all star, but Vince is no overrated chucker, and he has a far better all around game than back in his non-stop-dunking days. He shot over 50% from the field and 50% from 3 point range today, along with 7 boards and 8 assists, 2 blocks and a steal. Those are far from chucker numbers.

Quote:

If those guys are so great why aren't the Nets better?

Agreed to a point, but they weren't exactly deep coming into the year beyond the starting 5, and Kristic and Jefferson have missed a bunch of time. They aren't terrible, they're barely out of the 8th spot. Vince and Kidd get a extra push from previous performance and how recognizable they are to the average fun, but they've earned that.

It's a fan's game, I wish it were chosen by the players and coaches, but it's not. There are definitely guys who made the all star game that shouldn't have, I don't think Kidd and Carter are among them.

LOL @ Sheed. THANK YOU for stopping this lie about Vince, before it snowballed out of control on this board. Vince dang near had a triple-double today, and had 21 of his 27 points after halftime.

LOL . . what are you guys watching to even make a comment about Vince like that? I mean, complain about Rip Hamilton or Caron Butler being All-Stars over JJ. But Vince? LMAO !!

Vince is a no-brainer as an All-Star. Is he better than JJ? Well, that's definitely debateable. It might be scary to see what JJ could do, if he had a PG like Kidd making life easy for him.

But Vince is a baller. A "chucker" is Eddie House.

• Moderators

Quote:

Vince Carter quit on the city of Toronto and should be banned from any and all All-Star consideration. He is a quitter and a tremendous [censored].

Yep. He definitely is a top talent but the heart isn't there. It has also not been a coincidence that he tends to avoid going to the hole even though with his physical talents he would be able to get to the line better than Dwayne Wade. He is a major talent and not just a chucker but he will never lead a team to anything significant and I would not consider dealing JJ for him.

There's no debate that I'd rather have JJ at this point, but a lot of that has to do with their age and injury history than their games. Maybe it's my unc bias talking, but I remember clearly Vince carrying Toronto to the playoffs and the heart he played with in his duel vs. AI.

I think his biggest mistake was being honest about his loss of motivation in Toronto. The franchise let everything slip away and he was stuck on a sinking ship. Not the best of conditions to keep giving 100 percent.

I think he drives less because he wants to stay healthy. Whether that's good or bad for his team is tough to decide. If you're fan you think it's a good thing, anti-vince folks think it's selfish.

I'm not talking about TODAY. The All Stars were not selected on one game. Kidd has declined bigtime. And his defense has been very suspect all year. Vince had a great game today, but he doesn't make those around him better. He is NOT a winner and will never whiff a title. Ever watch his defense? There are two sides to the game and VC loves to play on one side. He is a black hole plain and simple.

I'll take JJ 10 times out of 10.

• Moderators

Quote:

There's no debate that I'd rather have JJ at this point, but a lot of that has to do with their age and injury history than their games. Maybe it's my unc bias talking, but I remember clearly Vince carrying Toronto to the playoffs and the heart he played with in his duel vs. AI.

I think his biggest mistake was being honest about his loss of motivation in Toronto. The franchise let everything slip away and he was stuck on a sinking ship. Not the best of conditions to keep giving 100 percent.

I think he drives less because he wants to stay healthy. Whether that's good or bad for his team is tough to decide. If you're fan you think it's a good thing, anti-vince folks think it's selfish.

It is true that Vince made it past the first round of the playoffs once in Toronto and that he was the leader of that team. I don't think it was a coincidence, though, that the next time he approached the same number of free throws he had that season was 5 years later when they changed the hand-checking rules that made it much easier to get to the line without significant contact.

The guy is a phenomenal talent but his problem isn't just being too honest. It was quitting on his team and his season even after they invested a TON of money in resigning him to a huge deal and signing the players he liked to long-term deals (Antonio Davis, etc.) After all that, he at least could have played well enough to generate some trade interest for his team instead of just throwing them under the bus. Being honest about quiting in an unprofessional manner was a PR mistake. Quiting on the team was the professional bball problem.

I would not put my faith in him to get a team through the tough times. Can you imagine the crap performances we would be getting if he was expected to carry the Hawks?

He is an ideal #2 guy and should continue to perform well in NJ, though. He has the tools to be the best wing in the league if he ever had the fire that someone like MJ had.