Here's a quick fix for the Hawks...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

Get LOREN WOODS!!

He's in the D-League.

He's 7-2" 260.

He's a great rebounder, defender.

Put him in the Center rotation! I guarantee our defense will be much better..

Yep he's great alright, that is why he is in the D-League!

Quote:

Get LOREN WOODS!!

He's in the D-League.

He's 7-2" 260.

He's a great rebounder, defender.

Put him in the Center rotation! I guarantee our defense will be much better..

There's nothing to lose, that's for sure.

• Moderators

Think how uncomfortable it will be for a guy that size to sit in those folding chairs for 10 days watching our small ballers get posted up. I mean a typical game is 2 and half hours. He can't sit that long. I guess he can stretch his legs at timeouts. And he'll be able to see the chalkboard easily over the heads of the guys actually on the floor.

Sign him.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Loren Woods, Austin Toros

Loren Woods of the Austin Toros is the D-League Performer of the Week for February 5, 2007.

Woods recorded three straight games of 15 or more points and rebounds while leading the Toros to a 3-0 record last week. Austin has currently won seven straight games. Woods scored 16 points with 17 rebounds in 101-84 win over Idaho on Wednesday, 19 points with 17 rebounds in a Friday's 112-107 overtime win over Bakersfield, and wrapped up the week with 19 points and 16 rebounds in an 83-80 win over the Jam on Saturday.

For the week, Woods averaged 18.0 points, 16.7 rebounds, and shot .550 (22-of-40) from the field. Since joining the Toros on January 6th, Woods has averaged 13.5 points and 12.5 rebounds in twelve games.

A 7-1 center from Arizona, Woods is in his first season in the D-League. The 46th overall pick by Minnesota in the 2001 NBA draft, Woods has played in 208 NBA games over five seasons with the Timberwolves, Toronto Raptors, and Miami Heat. He also shares the NCAA record for blocked shots in a game with 14.

How can getting this guy HURT?

Not sure it can hurt. But will it help? He's been around since drafted in 2001 so he probably won't get much better. Played for at least 3 teams and never caught on. Supposed to be fast and a good shot blocker, but lacks strength. I won't cry if we try him, but I'd rather give Solomon the PT.

But I can see why you want to try something. When I saw Smoove walking next to Odom last night it was obvious we are really lacking size and strength.

• Premium Member

Exactly..

I would like to see Jones get more time, but Jones is not 7'2" 260. He's more like 6'10 235...

We should bring in Loren for 20 days and make a decision after that!! I'm sure he would catch on with us.

Yeah, but Diesel, their skill sets are similar, no? Just because Woods is a few inches taller doesn't mean anything if they both rebound and block shots.

I mean, I have nothing personal against Woods, but I think we've already got a guy with that skill set who is riding the pine for 40 minutes a game.

Quote:

Quote:

Loren Woods, Austin Toros

Loren Woods of the Austin Toros is the D-League Performer of the Week for February 5, 2007.

Woods recorded three straight games of 15 or more points and rebounds while leading the Toros to a 3-0 record last week. Austin has currently won seven straight games. Woods scored 16 points with 17 rebounds in 101-84 win over Idaho on Wednesday, 19 points with 17 rebounds in a Friday's 112-107 overtime win over Bakersfield, and wrapped up the week with 19 points and 16 rebounds in an 83-80 win over the Jam on Saturday.

For the week, Woods averaged 18.0 points, 16.7 rebounds, and shot .550 (22-of-40) from the field. Since joining the Toros on January 6th, Woods has averaged 13.5 points and 12.5 rebounds in twelve games.

A 7-1 center from Arizona, Woods is in his first season in the D-League. The 46th overall pick by Minnesota in the 2001 NBA draft, Woods has played in 208 NBA games over five seasons with the Timberwolves, Toronto Raptors, and Miami Heat. He also shares the NCAA record for blocked shots in a game with 14.

How can getting this guy HURT?

LOL. Good Lord Diesel. Sometimes, your posts are brilliant. Other times, it seems as if you post stuff, just to be posting it.

Loren Woods is one of the softest big men in history. And when I say "soft", I mean as in Shawn Bradley soft. Even Manute Bol was tougher than Loren. And he's not even close to the defensive force that either of those two guys were.

If Loren was a feesible commodity for any team, the current team that owns his D-League rights, would call him up and put him on the roster. ( i.e. Sacramento )

This is Loren Woods in the D-League:

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/loren_woods/index.html

As bad as the Kings need interior help with the rapid decline of Brad Miller, don't you think that they'd call him up and give the kid spot minutes in the league as a backup center?

Loren is just tall . . that's it. I'm like Yeti and the others. You want to play another "big" man in the lineup with the Hawks . . play Solomon. I guarantee you that Solomon would definitely raise some eyebrows in the D-League, with the way he hustles, runs the floor, and can block shots and even score a little on the block.

And now that I think about it, that's probably the reason why BK doesn't let Solomon play in the D-League. That, and the fact that he's the next feesible option at the 5, next to ZaZa and Lorenzen.

Loren is garbage. We don't need anymore garbage on this team.

• Premium Member

I don't know what Solomon has done to be bench. I don't know exactly why Woods haven't caught on yet.

However, I do know that our defensive rebounding SUCKS. Or Offensive rebounding isn't so great. We can't continue to lose games because of rebounds and talk about guys on the bench and a rebounding guy's history. This guy is rebounding a ton in the D-League and I realize that it is the D-League. However, I thought the D-League was about a guy becoming a better player so that he can get a shot.. not a guy being criticized because he's there.