• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This stage of the team.........................

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

we need veteran presence. Most of the players are in their 2nd and third year and it is time to step up. The issue as I see it remains a good veteran in the middle or a good veteran point guard (Speedy is not the answer).

I think we have enough youth and it is time to look at veteran additions. For example, where would Phoenix be without Steve Nash????????

Billups would help, but more because he's a good player. Perhaps the fact that he's a veteran would help, but I think the talent part of the equation is much more important.

With Lue/Speedy/Lo, this team does have a veteran presence. Would another 30 year old help out? If he's good. If he's not, I'm not sure what difference it would make.

I think Kevin Willis might come out of retirement if we called him up. Maybe he could give us a couple of hard fouls a night at the 5.

• Premium Member

Quote:

There in lies the problem. The Hawks need another veteran who can come in and be a key piece of the team, not a part timer like Lo, Speedy and Lue. Those guys are all great as back-ups but the Hawks need another leader in the starting lineup.

I agree 200%. Point well made. Speedy, Lo are players that are the 12 man on other teams and Lue is a backup.

LOL . . people bash Speedy so bad, even though they know that the guy is hurting.

Hawks fans forget that Speedy is the very same guy a year ago, that torched the Hawks for 29 points. That's probably why BK went after him so hard, when he couldn't get Cassell here. BK remembered Speedy hitting all of those mid-range jumpers and getting fouled everytime he went to the hole.

Speedy at 100% would be a godsend for the Hawks. He'd be the type of PG that everyone wishes we had around here. But Speedy at 65% is just another average PG.

The kid is just hurting right now, and it's limiting what all he can do as a ballplayer.

Quote:

LOL . . people bash Speedy so bad, even though they know that the guy is hurting.

Hawks fans forget that Speedy is the very same guy a year ago, that torched the Hawks for 29 points. That's probably why BK went after him so hard, when he couldn't get Cassell here. BK remembered Speedy hitting all of those mid-range jumpers and getting fouled everytime he went to the hole.

Speedy at 100% would be a godsend for the Hawks. He'd be the type of PG that everyone wishes we had around here. But Speedy at 65% is just another average PG.

The kid is just hurting right now, and it's limiting what all he can do as a ballplayer.

People haven't forgotten the old Speedy. Even this year, he made Deron Williams pee in his pants. The problem is that we don't expect him to be 100% for a prolonged period of time. Ever. That frustrates me, although I was very excited when we signed him.