• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Childress' 'passivity' on offense is a problem

HAWKS1986

Quote:

I think the Hawks are coming to a 'crossroads' with Childress. He is not an 'energy' player... Maxiell in Detroit is an energy player...Monte Ellis in Golden State is an 'energy' player..Gerald Wallace of Charlotte is an 'energy' player..Desmond Mason of Charlotte or JR Smith of Denver are 'energy' players...

Childress has a good game every once in awhile, but too many times he is often passive offensively and ghost on defense more times than not...

He has been in the league nearly four years and still needs to gain another 10 to 15 pounds...Childress is a soft player who gets push around too much and his offensive game doesn't put very much pressure on opposing defenses..in terms of drawing fouls and/or getting to the free throw line..

Childress hasn't shown he is the 'future' here in Atlanta, and his passivity negates some of the things he occassionally does well..

Childress isn't the sole problem, but he is a FORMER TOP 10 pick who is playing 28 to 35 minutes a game and starting on a nightly basis... and often he is absent when the game is 'on the line' or in doubt...

you are completely wrong....chill's passitivity isn't even close to a problem on this team. and yes, he is an energy guy..i'm not sure if you're looking for a guy to come in and bounce off the walls but Chill does come in and do good things for the team. he passed it to an open guy last night. HE WAS OPEN.

i can't beleive we're now bashing chill..

the fans of this team suck. every member of this team has been bashed now (yes i've even seen jj bashed)...ridiculous.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

I think the Hawks are coming to a 'crossroads' with Childress. He is not an 'energy' player... Maxiell in Detroit is an energy player...Monte Ellis in Golden State is an 'energy' player..Gerald Wallace of Charlotte is an 'energy' player..Desmond Mason of Charlotte or JR Smith of Denver are 'energy' players...

Childress has a good game every once in awhile, but too many times he is often passive offensively and ghost on defense more times than not...

He has been in the league nearly four years and still needs to gain another 10 to 15 pounds...Childress is a soft player who gets push around too much and his offensive game doesn't put very much pressure on opposing defenses..in terms of drawing fouls and/or getting to the free throw line..

Childress hasn't shown he is the 'future' here in Atlanta, and his passivity negates some of the things he occassionally does well..

Childress isn't the sole problem, but he is a FORMER TOP 10 pick who is playing 28 to 35 minutes a game and starting on a nightly basis... and often he is absent when the game is 'on the line' or in doubt...

you are completely wrong....chill's passitivity isn't even close to a problem on this team. and yes, he is an energy guy..i'm not sure if you're looking for a guy to come in and bounce off the walls but Chill does come in and do good things for the team. he passed it to an open guy last night. HE WAS OPEN.

the fans of this team suck. every member of this team has been bashed now (yes i've even seen jj bashed)...ridiculous.

When you have one of the worst teams in the league what do you expect?

As Hawks fans, most of us are sick and tired of the losing. It has been years since the team was competitive. The team is young, fine. But being a fan does not mean turning a blind eye to what is wrong with this team, including the terrible ownership situtation, bad coaching, poor drafting and slow player development.

Quote:

What did Chill score when JJ was out? How about when Marvin was out? Smoove?

Childress could never be the number 1 option because he can't create at all. That isn't saying that he isn't a helpful player. However he simply isn't as good as Deng or Iggy.

I think it is telling that the 2 key players on the Hawks aren't guys that BK picked in the lottery.

Before Joe came along, Chillz was seen as the 'elder' of the young core of players.. He was seen as someone who had a high b-ball IQ..

Josh has had some moments, but its been few and far between and he needs to be held more accountable, along with Marvin.. Now Marvin is in his second year. However, Josh came into the NBA with four years of college and entering his third NBA season he needs to take his game to another level...

I am not saying he has to be an ALL-Star, but he isn't doing enough and when Joe and Josh are struggling or outr of the game, Josh MUST STEP FORWARD and make plays and 'welcome that challenge'...To me , it seems he takes a 'backseat' too much and it is more self-imposed ...

Quote:

Quote:

I don't mean to come across 'bashing' him, but he is a NBA starter who is a former Top 6 pick, and its time for him to 'sink or swim' or the Hawks have to consider other options in the near future to make the team better..

He has a skillset, but he doesn't utilize it enough to have a consistent, positive effect on this team.. On this upcoming road trip which could be very tough, will Josh be 'absent'? Outside of Joe and Josh Smith, Childress may have the most potential, but he seems personally satisified of just sitting back and let others dictate instead of him taking the initiative.. This is a contributing factor why the Hawks can't get over the hump yet..

Quote:

Yea i never understood why we didnt take Igg or Deng before Chillz, but hey...IT'S BILLY KNIGHT! Chillz wont ever be a star though, as i said many times before he is a key role player. I'm sure everyone agrees with that

Yep Iggy is already on his way to being a superstar. Can you Imagine a Starting 5 of Chris Paul JJ iggy JSmoove and anyone else? With guys like Monta Ellis, Milsap, Duhon off the bench my oh my why does Billy Knight still have a job. Iggy will be better then Childress, Marvin and Shelden. This is what frustrates me about the Hawks they never make the right move.

Quote:

Yea i never understood why we didnt take Igg or Deng before Chillz, but hey...IT'S BILLY KNIGHT! Chillz wont ever be a star though, as i said many times before he is a key role player. I'm sure everyone agrees with that

Billy Knight has definitely made some poor judgements in regards to drafting in the first round.

The lack of impact players has hurt the Hawks and the drafting of Childress and Shelden are prime examples of BK 'reaching' on players who are likely to be no more than role players...and that's unfortunate

Childress had started the majority of the games since he was drafted in 2004 until this year. However, he is still receving starter's minutes and alternating between the shooting guard and small forward position.

Quote:

As a first option, wouldn't you expect that??? Go back and look at the 2004-2005 season stats.. After Al went down in injury, I think it was the month of March. Chillz and Smoove were our leaders... Look at their scoring then. Both were close to the 18 ppg mark.. and they both were Rookies..

I would expect Iggy to be putting up 20 ppg as a first option with nobody else really being a scorer on that team.

This Chillz bashing is stupid.

Ding Ding Ding.

I just wish Childress showed that athleticism he has more often. HE gets so shy sometimes.

Obviously he can't fly like #5 but he still has some athletic ability that he needs to use more often.

Quote:

Quote:

As a first option, wouldn't you expect that??? Go back and look at the 2004-2005 season stats.. After Al went down in injury, I think it was the month of March. Chillz and Smoove were our leaders... Look at their scoring then. Both were close to the 18 ppg mark.. and they both were Rookies..

I would expect Iggy to be putting up 20 ppg as a first option with nobody else really being a scorer on that team.

This Chillz bashing is stupid.

Ding Ding Ding.

I just wish Childress showed that athleticism he has more often. HE gets so shy sometimes.

Obviously he can't fly like #5 but he still has some athletic ability that he needs to use more often.

I give Childress credit on his 'good game' vs. Phoenix, but he has to have same attitude to be involved offensively EVERY NIGHT..not once every three or four games.. The Hawks need his EFFORT every night... We play Golden State on Sunday and Utah on Monday back to back. These are the type of games as a follow up that Chillz need to be able string together back to back efforts in support of his team...

This team is capable of competing against everybody, but Chillz got to realize you're just as important as Joe or Josh Smith and you need to 'show up' and be held accountable..

Chillz got to the free throw line nine times (Marvin got there 10 times) and was able to drive the line and make some plays in the paint-- especially in the 4th quarter and that's very positive...

However, its about maintaining that offensive aggressiveness and not fall back into his 'passive' state in which he has a tendency to fall into at times...

• Premium Member

I think you have to notice one thing...

Chillz and Smoove and maybe Marvin are built for the uptempo game. I was hoping that Phoenix would force us into it last night and for the most part they did. When we play uptempo, our players look better. Last night, JJ was really having a bad shooting night, but because we're built for uptempo, we got so many Offensive rebounds, so many hustle points, and in transition we scared the best transition team in the game...

In the NBA it's all about matchups.

If we play a team with Big offensive bigs and three point shooters that like to break the game down to a Halfcourt game, we're in trouble. We do best against teams who are naturally uptempo or who can't control a tempo.

Chillz struggled down the stretch of that game. And his indecisveness or 'passivity' almost cost the Hawks. Chillz got to find a way to finish at the rim with authority..

Salim made a great pass and chillz needed to dunk that or at least force the fall..

I don't care if he is a starter or bench player, but he is in the game at crunch time and gets 'starter's minutes' so he needs to be able finish..

He had 13 and 8 rebounds..which looks good on paper, but he has to develop more of a killer's instinct and dunk on people and finish plays.. or at least make the other guy foul ..

Dwayne Wade has a decent BBIQ, so does Baron Davis, and so does Chris Paul and ..even Monte Ellis... but when they 'smell' the rim, these guys attack the basket... and Chillz has to have both (BBIQ/ killer instinct)for his game to rise to 'another level'...

Chillz needs to gain another 12 to 15 lbs and get a 'mean streak'(take karate lessons, tae kwon do, boxing)... when that happens the Hawks become a more formidable team...

u guys are all idiots. look at his stats and when chill was out how many games they won. ur bashing him for doing what is asked of him. jj takes majority of the shots. and hes playing more point than ever before and what is a point guards job. to get people involved. if michael jordan was on this time ud still find something to complain about. and i guarantee majority of you guys cant play a lick of basketball but r the biggest critics. now if chill has a 20 point game next game u will all be saying that hes playing much better. you are losers

Quote:

u guys are all idiots. look at his stats and when chill was out how many games they won. ur bashing him for doing what is asked of him. jj takes majority of the shots. and hes playing more point than ever before and what is a point guards job. to get people involved. if michael jordan was on this time ud still find something to complain about. and i guarantee majority of you guys cant play a lick of basketball but r the biggest critics. now if chill has a 20 point game next game u will all be saying that hes playing much better. you are losers

Exatcly :static: :static: