• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Childress' 'passivity' on offense is a problem

HAWKS1986

Quote:

u guys are all idiots. look at his stats and when chill was out how many games they won. ur bashing him for doing what is asked of him. jj takes majority of the shots. and hes playing more point than ever before and what is a point guards job. to get people involved. if michael jordan was on this time ud still find something to complain about. and i guarantee majority of you guys cant play a lick of basketball but r the biggest critics. now if chill has a 20 point game next game u will all be saying that hes playing much better. you are losers

This team hasn't won a whole lot because we are too dependent on one or two guys (JJ/Jsmith), while others like Chillz gets a 'pass' by guys like yourself... During the Hawks broadcast Steve Smith and Rathburn briefly spoke about 'accountability' from within.. And I agree..for this team to start being a winning team (at least over .500) Chillz has to PLAY BETTER and be MORE INVOLVED... Having a good game once every three or four games is not acceptable. That's not going to cut it..

We haven't had a winning season since the LAST CENTURY, Chillz is in his third year after being a Top 6 six pick three years ago.. The guy gets 'starter's minutes', yet it seems like there is a consensus on this board that we shouldn't ask more of Chillz as a player..WHY?

Now, it isn't all Chillz fault, but his passivity on offense and defense as a player hurts the Hawks and its something that can be corrected, but it starts with demanding more from him, but he has to willingly take that challenge to be 'better'..

Chillz has the 'green light' to create..nobody is holding him back.. he is often restricting himself.. That attitude has to change, and he has to take 'ownership' of this offense in much the same way Josh Smith and Joe have step forward...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Childress played well for a stretch in the first half vs. the Bulls (I saw Chillz aggressively attack the basket EARLY), and helped kept the Hawks in the game. However, he went back into his shell and was a non-factor in the second half. On that night vs. the Bulls, JJ and Josh weren't on their game, but this was the type of night Childress needed to maintain his offensive aggressiveness and have a 30 point night..

Chillz is considered a 'team leader' and last night would have been a good opportunity for him to play a 'complete game'..I know Josh Smith had an off night, but Smith and JJ have carried us on numerous occasions, Chillz needed to step and keep his team 'competitive', and maybe JJ or Josh may have got into their rhythm in the 4th quarter.....