• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We ALL agree on ONE thing...

TexasPete

• Premium Member

Actually, Westhead coached 3 teams in the NBA...

1. LAL

2. Chicago

3. Denver.

In that order.

He also turned down the HCing Job for Orlando but later took an WNBA HCing Job.

The point is this, Westhead really has nothing to prove. He created Showtime. He was fired after 2 years with Denver after showing more improvement than we've seen with Woody AND he lossed his rookie sensation Deke to injury at game 71 of the 92 season...

He's coached in College, he's also coached overseas.

Instead of showing him the respect he's due, you guys talk about him as if he didn't create showtime, he didn't win a championship, and he didn't set the table for Pat Riley? Pat Riley owes his coaching career to Paul Westhead.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have such disdain for Woody I may actually prefer Westhead to Woody. But that doesn't mean I want Westhead. I do believe his style would fit better than Woodys...but, there has to be a happy medium somewhere.

Rick Adelman would even work, an up tempo coach who has won in two stops. I would guess the Kings probably regret firing him because the grass has been no more green this year. Adelman led a flawed team to the playoffs last year, and it turns out the Kings just aren't that good.

I'd take Adelman in a second. But we will have Woody as long as the ASG own the Hawks.

Quote:

I have such disdain for Woody I may actually prefer Westhead to Woody. But that doesn't mean I want Westhead. I do believe his style would fit better than Woodys...but, there has to be a happy medium somewhere.

Rick Adelman would even work, an up tempo coach who has won in two stops. I would guess the Kings probably regret firing him because the grass has been no more green this year. Adelman led a flawed team to the playoffs last year, and it turns out the Kings just aren't that good.

I'd take Adelman in a second. But we will have Woody as long as the ASG own the Hawks.

I think Woody is doing a darn good job. guitarist.gif