• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Smitty is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerrywest

Quote:

actually, SI.com gave him a B+ when they did their announcer grades a while back. he would have gotten an A, but they didn't like rothburn.

Yes. Rothburn is sort of a leech with loud voice. You can tell that he doesn't understand the game as well as he should. He could be a good at other things with that voice.

Quote:

I think smitty should be our new head coach

I'm not sure what coach we could get here that wasn't already tied to the hawks' franchise. I like Fratello but he wouldn't run with any team and this team needs to run.

W

Sorry I missed this "I pitty the fool" Clubber gremlin. Just thought I'd point it out.

:mr-t:

• Moderators

I'm the only guy in town who likes Bob Rathbun. I think he does a great job with the Hawks and I think his enthusiasm for them is genuine. He's got the cheesy play by play thing going but that's becoming a lost art anyway. He rarely screws up, does his homework and loves the Hawks. What more can you ask for.

The radio guys are freaking hilarious though. Smitty is awesome but sometimes its great to listen to 3D.

• Premium Member

Smitty is awesome. HUGE improvement over both Stinger and Grant Long. I really liked Grant Long as a person, but he just wasn't cut out for the mic. While I did miss the Stinger when Long stepped in (...and his penchant for murdering names chairs.gif ) I don't mind Smitty for either of them.

Quote:

I'm the only guy in town who likes Bob Rathbun. I think he does a great job with the Hawks and I think his enthusiasm for them is genuine. He's got the cheesy play by play thing going but that's becoming a lost art anyway. He rarely screws up, does his homework and loves the Hawks. What more can you ask for.

The radio guys are freaking hilarious though. Smitty is awesome but sometimes its great to listen to 3D.

I met Bob a few years back. Hardest working man in showbiz!

He's fine for the Hawks. I loathe listening to him do Braves games. He's not worthy. As Braves fans, we deserve something better.

I'm a Steve Holman guy. He sold me for life a gazillion years ago when he got fined for just killing Steve Javie on the air. He's a homersimpson.gif

Smitty is definitely better than Mike "aah, yes Alan - Ha Ha Ha - Indeed Bob" Glenn. I liked the Stinger but he was too soft on the poor product.

Quote:

SKY HIGH!!!!! ROCK BOTTOM. They clowned him on ESPN for that one. LMAO

I love watching Rathbun. He is the ultimate Hawks fan. He brings energy to the telecast. I just wish they would show the Hawks side of the telecast on league pass more. If you had to watch some of these other teams announcers you would appreciate Bob more. Smitty is great too.

Not only did I catch it but I was about to post it. lol I wish league pass would let you pick the telecast you want to watch. I just dont get hyped up as much for the games were I have to watch the other teams broadcast.

Quote:

I love watching Rathbun. He is the ultimate Hawks fan. He brings energy to the telecast. I just wish they would show the Hawks side of the telecast on league pass more. If you had to watch some of these other teams announcers you would appreciate Bob more. Smitty is great too.

He's the ultimate everything fan.. He does tons of Atlanta sports, not just Hawks games.