• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Joe may get a chance to be an All Star

HawksFan87

Quote:

Because Jason Kidd will miss the next 2 games with a bad back. If he does sit out the all star game. Joe should be the top choice to replace him....

Great. I hope Kidd gets traded to the Lakers because NJ isn't going anywhere unless they trade and rebuild from the bottom.

Happy news for most of us, and sad news for some of us in this board. jedi.gif

Naw man...I hope he gets a chance to play for whatever reason. JJ doesn't need a chip on his shoulder, he's doing fine, besides I don't think he's going to be able to take us to the playoffs this year - chip or no chip.

May as well have a reminder out there that the Atlanta Hawks are indeed still part of the NBA. He deserves it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Heck, maybe he'll get caught bargaining with a prostitute the night before the game and we'll be frontpage news! champagne.gif

i really really hope Joe gets to go, but i have a bad feeling about it.

I think Stern will pick someone from a winning team.

someone like...Deng, Gordan or TJ Ford

JJ has been far better then, those guys,so maybe he'll make it.

I don't think TJ Ford is a legit option at this point. I think that Gordon-Deng-Johnson are the only 3 options. As good as Gordon is in streaks, Deng is probably better because he is not as one dimensional and is more consistent.

Johnson has put up better stats, but Deng has a winning record. Winning typically wins out especially when a team like that has no representatives, but with Joe's impressive season it could go either way. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Quote:

I don't think TJ Ford is a legit option at this point. I think that Gordon-Deng-Johnson are the only 3 options. As good as Gordon is in streaks, Deng is probably better because he is not as one dimensional and is more consistent.

Johnson has put up better stats, but Deng has a winning record. Winning typically wins out especially when a team like that has no representatives, but with Joe's impressive season it could go either way. I'm not getting my hopes up.

i only included Ford, because the Raptors are in first place in thier division.

Quote:

I would rather he not play in the all star game. More time to get some rest and also allow him to play with a little chip on his shoulder for not getting invited to the game in the first place.

I tend to agree. He is playing so many minutes he needs some rest or he risks running out of gas late in the season.