• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks can solve Center problem.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Lo Wright and Tyron Lue to Denver for Marcus Camby.

This is the fix.

I would think Denver would be all over this because they are in Lux Tax Hell right now.

Lo's salary drops off the books next year. Lue's the year after.

Nene is supposedly playing well. They use Evans very well.

Camby would be everything we need!!!

Can't you see:

Camby, Josh Smith Leading the league in blocks and intimidations.

Hell, I may be willing to throw in Indy's first if we can keep Lue and send them Salim...

The captain has a very good contract. He would be a nice fit for Atlanta and he automatically makes us a playoff team maybe a championship team!!

• Premium Member

The Hawks would then only need to add Gerald Wallace in the off-season to have the "All-Defensive, when healthy" team.

Camby is the best center in the NBA (excluding Shaq, of course) when healthy, but I don't think the Hawks can afford to gamble on his health.

• Moderators

I'd love it. A championship team is overstating it quite a bit though since Denver isn't that with Camby.

I don't think the Hawks will make a trade and take on any player that get's paid more than nba chump change (you know a couple million a year). We would have gotten Arroyo/Darko last year otherwise.

• Moderators

Quote:

Oh yeah that's great. Let's trade away the only decent point guard we got. Haven't you seen the problems we have without a point guard that can shoot!
chairs.gif

That would be an absolutely fantastic deal for us, IMO. I would do it in a heartbeat. I agree with the others who said Denver wouldn't touch it, though.

• Premium Member

Denver has been on the verge of trading Camby before....

In fact, even now, there's a rumor of Camby + XS for Oneal.

If we can get in the middle of this deal, I would send Shelden or Marvin or Lue to Indy...and let them keep their first.

• Premium Member

Well, I thought about it from a different perspective.

Denver only has 1 shot to win it all.

Gasol would give them the edge to win it.

If you really think about it, an aging AI and an often Hurt Camby only has this year. And if Camby is hurt in the post season, that's it... Probably no more chances.

Gasol is younger, he's more sturdy... Yes, he's much more expensive but he gives them this year and maybe next year to win it all. They can start the fire sale after that or they can just wait for AI to come off the books.

As far as trading Marvin..

Marvin is extra. Never will be be better than Smoove. He may never be better than Chillz.. I'm willing to risk that to get a franchise Center here who can propel us into the future!!!

Just like Denver had a window.. We have a window with Joe. We have to make moves that propel us... Waiting on Marvin to finally get it.. while admirable and interesting doesn't do anything but wastes our time with JJ...

Quote:

Pretty funny. We have someone who wouldn't part with Lue for Camby. Priceless.

I couldn't believe that either.

Why would Denver trade Camby for two complete scrubs? That trade would never happen regardless of whether they were trying to resolve a cap problem - it would still take more.

Can you take a break from your ****-a-mamy Marvin garbage for a few days? You are so quick to throw your little barbs in against Marvin in about half your threads.

No reasonable fan can say that Marvin will never be better than Smoove and probably never be better than Chill. He isn't far behind Chill NOW and he is THREE FULL YEARS YOUNGER. Smoove is better now and may be in the future but YOU don't know.

Think before you make up some of your stupid trades. Most of the time your "reasoning" for other teams willingness to do these deals is psychotic.

Hello??? Camby isn't going to be traded for Lue and Lo. After you have been gelded on the original trade, just quit while your behind. Here is an idea...really think through a traded before you post it. Ask yourself if it really makes sense. And you don't need to comment on why you want Marvin in a deal, we all know you think he sucks.

i agree with your reason (sounds like marvin hate-bashing. Did he shoot your dog or something???) but i agree with it none the less.

either way, i don't know if denver does it. one good game from nene isn't going to be enough to do away with one of the best centers today.

• Moderators

While we are speaking about hypothetical trades, how about trading for Jamal Magloire from Portland. I would love to basically just absorb his salary from Portland (who seems to have no one interested in Magloire and does not want to pay or play him - except as a trade showcase) and see if he rejuvenates in Atlanta. He would be about 100% tougher on the interior than Zaza or Lo, even if his lack of mobility really hurts him with the new rules.

AHF, I was thinking about that earlier today. Apparently, the Blazers just want rid of Maglore and have had no takers. I think he would be perfect here for the second half...just pay his salary and see if he works out. We need help in the middle in a huge way. I hear the Blazers are basically willing to give him away...I know the Spirit are strapped but this deal could help us. Lo could go to the bench permanently. Maglore would be a nice upgrade and it would prove that the AS are willing to spend money.

I would also look at Beno Udrih...another guy who might upgrade the other big position of need. Its not a big risk but the payoff could be nice.