• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks can solve Center problem.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Well,

If Denver gets Gasol, I don't think you can snubb your nose at the trade.

If you really consider it, Gasol is an offensive Giant compared to Camby. I think he also rebounds in the neighborhood. NOT as well, but in the neighborhood. I think with:

Nene, Gasol, Melo, Ai, and Blake that Denver would have probably the most formidable squad in the league. Who could match up with them??

Gasol is leaving Memphis. It's to Memphis' best interest to get rid of him now instead of waiting til the offseason because from his tone, he sounds like he'll just walk. That may mean back overseas.. I don't know... but have you read his latest quote? It sounded like a threat!

Moreover, for all my Marvin nuthuggers...

Are you saying that Marvin would be more valuable to us than Camby?

Sometimes, you guys should take your blinders off and recognize value.

Camby is getting up there in years. What you obviously cannot see thru your hatred is that there is such a thing called a future. Not everything is all about this one moment. Marvin is kind of like a mutual fund. You want to spend the money now because you have zero ability to project down the road. Marvin is an investment who will be paying off long after Camby is retired.

I know the vision thing is difficult for you. But, Marvin will be a real sweet player in the next few years and even you will be glad we didn't do some of your stupid deals.

I know it's really hard for you to grasp but Marvin hasn't likely peaked at age 20. Stay with me...think about this now, do you know many guys who have peaked at 20? How about 21? 22? Isn't it possible that the 12ppg he is averaging at age 20...isn't it possible by age 22 or 23 for him to be at 19-22ppg? We know he is athletic, can shoot, and plays decent to good defense. We know he works hard at his craft. I know its a leap for you, but some people believe that he just might be one helluva player soon. Apparently, you can't see potential. Thats alright because a lot of other people fortunately can see it clearly. I'm looking forward to the day when you have a firm hold (hug) on Marvin's nuts. Because you will be hugging with both hands.

• Premium Member

Quote:

What you obviously cannot see thru your hatred is that there is such a thing called a future. Not everything is all about this one moment. Marvin is kind of like a mutual fund.

What type of fund would you consider JJ?

Let me add, we've invested 70 Million dollars into the JJ fund... JJ's contract runs out in 2009-2010 season. That's in 3 years.

What does Marvin do that we can't get from Smoove?

Smoove has shown that he's as young, he's a better player, he does everything better, and he plays Great defense.

The future that I'm looking at if we don't make a trade like this is:

Us continually waiting on Marvin to develop. IN the process, us getting rid of players for Younger players with less ability (for instance, any day now, Chillz for a midround draft pick will be the trade).

or

Marvin does develop and we have the smallest frontcourt in the game with no defensive presence at Center. The fact that you wanted to tank the season suggests that you know that without a defensive presence at Center, this team is just turning it's wheels.

However, what I suggest is this:

Continuing a winning plan for Atlanta.

Us bringing in a defensive player who can block shots and rebound the ball to play alongside JJ. His compliment. Don't you think Camby will have a positive effect on Solomon and Shelden??