• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thanks, Phoenix. JJ is an ALL-STAR!

mrhonline

• Premium Member

http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/ha...15jjohnson.html

Quote:

For the first time in five years, the Hawks will be represented in the NBA All-Star Game.

Captain Joe Johnson was named Wednesday as an injury replacement to the Eastern Conference squad. He'll take the place of New Jersey Nets guard Jason Kidd, who will sit out Sunday's showcase in Las Vegas with a bad back.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So happy for Joe. He is definately deserving.

Glad the commissioner gave Joe the nod over the young Bulls players. Granted they have a winning record, but they don't have a player as talented as Joe.

The Hawks finally get a little respect. Thanks Joe and congradulations !

Maybe he will get a few more whistles in his favor now that he is an official All Star.

Quote:

exposure is a good thing, especially when your team has cap room!

Good point. I hope JJ comes out and says something like Okur.

This is what Okur said. What a nice guy.

"It is a great honor to be picked. I am very happy right now. I knew that to be an All-Star, especially in the West is very difficult accomplishment, but I never stopped working hard. If Marcus Camby, Zach Randolph, Elton Brand, Pau Gasol, Chris Paul and my teammate Deron Williams had been picked instead it would have been a correct decision as well. I would like to thank the entire Utah Jazz family, starting with team owner Larry Miller, general manager Kevin O'Connor, head coach Jerry Sloan, assistants Phil Johnson, Tyrone Corbin, Scott Layden, Mark McKown and head trainer Gary Briggs who was always there whenever I was hurt, I was sick or had some pain. I feel blessed because I have played for two class organizations in the NBA. With the Detroit Pistons I had two special years in which I won my first championship ring. Right now in our third season in Salt Lake City my wife Yeliz and I feel right at home. It will be Mehmet Okur in Vegas, but I will be there representing my country, my family and friends who have been with me through some tough times, Turkish basketball, the Utah Jazz and my teammates. Carlos Boozer was chosen All-Star and deserved it fully. Deron Williams wasn't picked this season but he is more important to our team then any All-Star. I would have been just as honored if Deron had been picked, because he is one of the main reasons I am here, and I would have felt that I would have been one of the main reasons he would be here as well. I owe a lot to Andrei Kirilenko, Derek Fisher, Matt Harpring, Gordan Giricek, Paul Millsap, Jarron Collins, Ronnie Brewer, C.J Miles, Dee Brown, Rafael Araujo, and to Roger Powell as well who is having his way in the NBDL rigth now. I owe many thanks to the Jazz fans who have always made me feel special. Without all these factors it would have been impossible to be an All-Star." said Memo after the official announcement.

"This is a great honor to be an All-Star. However our goals this season remain the same. To win the Northwest, and play our hearts out and get as far as possible in the play-off's. We know not many people were giving the Jazz much of a chance this year, but we have a great team. By team I just don't mean a talented group of players, I mean a team. We have each others backs, and when one falls another picks him right up. I have always believed that team golas are more important then individual accomplishments because basketball is a team sport. I think being picked for this game shows me that I have been thinking the right way all along. This honor will be a starting point in my career, and I will work harder and harder along with my teammates to get the Utah Jazz a championship. Once again I would like to thank everybody that has had a hand in me becoming to this point in my career, and to those fans who have supported me through the good times and the bad times." added the Turkish center.

"I also need to take a time for a special thanks to my lucky angel, who is always there by my side, who is my energy when I am tired, who is the source of morale when I am feeling down, who is my medicine when I am sick or hurt. A special thanks to my wife Yeliz."

http://www.memo13.com/index.asp?id=2877