• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Catching Fire

TheDude

We need another scorer who can catch fire. We know Joe can get on a roll and hit everything but the rest of the guys just kind of hit some shots, miss some shots. It would be nice to have another guy who can catch fire and hit his shots on a roll. Marvin I think has to be that guy. Salim can't because when he does, he seems to take the rest of the team out of the equation.

Quote:

Marvin I think has to be that guy

I agree. He had a stretch of games where he was showing flashes but now has gone back to being the invisible man. He needs to step up. Smith and JJ can only do so much.

Childress doesn't have the capacity to really score without being set up.

Marvin may be that guy....eventually. But I think he's still at least 2 years away.

His jump shot looks good, but it rarely goes in. He's 6'8, long, and very athletic, but he gets blocked or stripped way too often right now when he attacks the basket. His post moves are coming along, but he still isn't a consistent weapon in the low blocks.

So what's the problem? Personally, I think Marvin's only real problems are a lack of confidence, strength, and experience. Hopefully when he gets that stuff he'll be a pretty good player.

Quote:

Quote:

He's 6'8, long, and very athletic, but he gets blocked or stripped way too often right now when he attacks the basket.

With that albatros wingspan, he shouldn't get blocked so much. That's the most puzzling thing to me.

while Marvin obviously has the explosion in his legs (see the dunk over Camby or the one down the center of the lane against Utah) he doesn't seem to take it to the hole strong enough. he flips the ball at the backboard as opposed to attacking the rim. when he does attack the rim he gets fouled.

Marvin could shoot 14 FTs a game if he would attack the rim consistently.

I think it's definitely a confidence issue with Marvin.

Basically that's all what driving to the hole really is whether you're playing in the NBA or a pickup basketball game.

You have to believe that you can do it.

Smoove has finally done this, and look at the results.

IF Marvin started driving and taking advantage of his athleticism and as mentioned that ridiculous 7'3 wing span and very good vert, you'd see his numbers skyrocket as well.

But right now he's hesitant with the basketball. When he drives, it's like a half-speed drive which makes it easy for the defender to knock the ball loose.

It's an 100% mental thing that Marvin will have to get over.