• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

A Pippen Comeback? You gotta be kidding

Admin

Pippen may make comeback

Friday, Feb 16, 2007 10:00 am EST

It's not quite the impact of Michael Jordan's famous return to basketball in 1995, but Scottie Pippen is seriously considering a comeback and hopes to play for a contending team in this season's playoffs.

Pippen, who turned 41 on Sept. 25, says he's in better condition and health than at any time in the last five years. And in the Eastern Conference, his veteran presence could change the balance of power and be a major influence in the playoffs.

Source: Chicago Tribune

I wonder if Phil Jackson would be interested. Pippen played really at PG for Portland near the ned of his career, and the Lakers need an upgrade...and Jackson likes big guards and of course there's a bit of a history between those two...

That would be interesting to see Pippen and Kobe playing together. Who knows if Pippen has anything left, however.

• Moderators

Quote:

his veteran presence could change the balance of power and be a major influence in the playoffs.

Not that is a laughable overstatement. I think the best case scenario for Pippen would be a Michael Finley in SA type impact. If he was someone who could "change the balance of power" in the playoffs he wouldn't be offering to play on a 10-day contract. That said, if I was a playoff roster who could use a SF I would definitely bring him in to workout. He could probably give some solid minutes of the bench.

Quote:

Quote:

his veteran presence could change the balance of power and be a major influence in the playoffs.

Not that is a laughable overstatement. I think the best case scenario for Pippen would be a Michael Finley in SA type impact. If he was someone who could "change the balance of power" in the playoffs he wouldn't be offering to play on a 10-day contract. That said, if I was a playoff roster who could use a SF I would definitely bring him in to workout. He could probably give some solid minutes of the bench.

I am sure he can still play well. He just couldn't play very often. The recovery time just isn't there at that age no matter how well conditioned you are.