• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ridnour to HAWKS?

TexasPete

Opinions?

That would be a good idea but we gave up our 2008 1st round pick to Phoenix in the Joe Johnson trade.

i think u forgot that we already gave Phx the 1st round pick, that we got in the A.Walker trade.

The only way Phx gets our 2008 pick, is if week get a top 3 pick this year.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

You know what Im thinking? If Billy Knight doesnt want to pay that price, Billy King will in Philly. With Larry Brown back running the show he'll want a point guard to abuse. They will out bid anyone and shoot themselves in the foot doing so.

they have Andre Miller...

Quote:

granted this is a small sample size but in the LAC game Speedy made some awesome passes in the halfcourt set.

We've played 50 games already. Too little, too late. We need to dump him. Only problem is, I don't think a single team in the NBA would pay him what we are. We're stuck with him. He's not a very good player. The role he played for the Spurs is now being filled by Jacque Vaughn. They haven't fallen off a cliff recently without Mr.Claxton. On a traditional basketball team with a quality big man that plays in the post, he can dribble the ball up the court, throw it in the post and reverse the ball to shooters. That's about it. He's in the NBA. I hope he'll make a decent pass every now and again.

On the defensive end, I think he is vastly overrated. Most of his steals come off deflected passes. My main problem with him is his lack of competitive desire. He is so happy to sit it's not funny. He's not hurting that much.

about the ridnour plus one of their big for a first round and childress or whoever. i'll do it. there are two things you can't teach. one is size and the other is court vision and with that trade, we get both of them. i really don't think you can teach court vision. it's either you see it or you don't. i think ridnour is good enough and young enough to be our qb for the next ten years. i know i don't like to trade childress but if that's the guy the sonics' looking for. i'm cool with that.

The willingness to sit is why I don't respect Speedy. He got his money and now every hangnail he gets is a big deal. They have checked his knee 8 ways to Sunday...nothing structurally wrong. Trust me, if this was his contract year he wouldn't let his knee bother him as much. I have never seen a player examined so many times...

He isn't the right kind of PG anyway, he can't shoot AT ALL (that doesn't stop him) and he is a below average passer. But I'm worried were stuck with him.

Didn't he go to see Dr. Andrews in Birmingham? If he can't find anything wrong then there is a high probability that nothing is wrong. Craig's signing and the results of it, are a microcosm of the franchise as a whole. Really sad. I would like to see BK make one last ditch move though.

Like I said above, trade him for a first to a contender. Then we'd have two first and could make the Sonics deal. Hate to give up Chill, but the one thing the owners said: If we make a deal it will be for the future. And you gotta wonder if they would be able to sign all of the young guys any way. If not Chill could be the guy to use in a trade.

• Premium Member

Quote:

i would give the sonics the indy pick him.

we have enough deveoping players right now.

I don't think speedy's contract will be all that hard to move , because of the way his contract is setup.

Speedy has one of those backwword contracts, where he gets

paid less every year.

I don't think Ridnour is really worth the Sonics pick. I think better would be going after Steve Blake.

I've always liked Ridnour. If we can get him, he could be the missing piece that will guarantee us a playoff spot. Luke Ridnour will take off the pressure off Tyronn Lue playing point, Joe Johnson playing point, and Josh Childress playing point. Luke Ridnour is a really nice passer. He is raw but can defenitely improve just like our other hawks players.

Speedy Claxton has not dissapointed me. I was just hoping he would be healthy. If it wasn't for his knees, maybe he can actually contribute alot more than he does now.

I'm just hoping we will only trade a pick or two. I want to keep our core of young guys.

...and I seriously doubt Seattle waits for a 2009 pick when we wouldn't be giving them much if anything else.

Quote:

Here is my deal. First, this years pick is off the table because the draft is too good.

I don't see this draft as particularly good after the top. TP, whom do you think is so good that is likely to be available outside the lottery?

For me if the deal were Speedy/pick for Ridnour the questions are, is Ridnour better than Acie Law and Dominic James, if so how much so, and cost comparison between Speedy/pick vs Ridnour. I think he is better than they are (but again have not seen them) and he is cheaper than Speedy/pick. I still feel like Ridnour is a flawed player but BK has so painted us into a corner with his bonehead GMing, we've got to take risks one players and hope they pan out. Maybe Ridnour is more Nash than trash. We'll see

I really would rather get away from Speedy's injuries and deal, also.

I would do Speedy/pick for Ridnour/Fortson in a heartbeat for much of that reason.

I'd also like to get one of Seattle's bigs. SW for Swift or Sene.

W

Quote:

THIS WORKED ON TRADE CHECKER:

WE send Speedy/Salim/1st for Ridnour/Sene/Swift

Would they do that?

Sene AND Swift? Laughable. We'd AT LEAST have to include SW to get either of Sene or Swift and I'd certainly do it. We're going to need a bad ass defensive center if we go with Ridnour as our Pg. Sene anyone?

W

Quote:

I don't think Ridnour is really worth the Sonics pick. I think better would be going after Steve Blake.

Diesel, did you talk to his agent? Seriously, it's the bird in the hand argument here. Steve Blake can go to 30 teams. Why enter into this chaos. Mind you, he's not as good as Ridnour, but regardless, without him signing here I'm not believing he would.

W

No offense, DJlays, but what I said was correct. If the Suns get our pick THIS YEAR...we keep our pick in 2008. If we somehow get our pick this year it will mean we pick in the top 3 and that means that in 2008 PHX gets our pick.

I slowed it down as much as possible for you this time. The fact that you didn't get it last time and then insulted me for being right is no reflection on me...I'm pretty sure it's on you.

sorry, DJ, it appears that there are times when you just aren't that smart. grin.gif

Now go start a thread and keep responding to yourself like you always do. uglyhammer.gif