• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I want Greg Oden!

Guest MLibid

I don't know about you guys, but I think Atlanta needs a player that can rebound and play defense. I emphasize 'defense' especially when there are trade talks of Speedy Claxton - one of our best defenders on the team besides Josh Smith. I think that our franchise needs a little 'rebuilding' and I think that begins with the big man down low. We need a dominating center, not another shooter. Durant is a great player and will definetly be a once-in-a-century kind of freshman, but I tihnk Oden's a much better defender and rebounder overall.

Just my opinion.

• Premium Member

This topic has already been beat to death. Oden is out of reach unless the ping pong balls fall the right way for us. Even if we have the worst record in the NBA, we still would only have a 25% shot at #1, which is what it will take to draft Oden.

Obviously everyone wants a defensive stopper at C on their team, this is nothing new.

Nobody is really talking about the possibility that both Oden and Durant go back to school. It's very possibile, as both speak very highly of the college experience. So unlike, Steph at Georgia Tech, this isn't a forgone conclusion. In which case the best thing for us may be to keep on winnig and give PHX our pick this year and the get lucky next year.

• Moderators

Quote:

Nobody is really talking about the possibility that both Oden and Durant go back to school. It's very possibile, as both speak very highly of the college experience. So unlike, Steph at Georgia Tech, this isn't a forgone conclusion. In which case the best thing for us may be to keep on winnig and give PHX our pick this year and the get lucky next year.

I think it is extremely unlikely both return to school. I would definitely bet heavily on one of the two coming out and would be willing to bet on either of them coming out.

Quote:

I think it is extremely unlikely both return to school. I would definitely bet heavily on one of the two coming out and would be willing to bet on either of them coming out.

Even more unlikely that we land one of the two.

So some of us should start looking forward to closing in on the Heat more than they are on the Celtics.

• 2 years later...
why are these topics being bumped? dolfan, you experimenting? hehe, these were some of my posts!

No I haven't done anything, the board is acting screwy right now but it's odd that it's only your posts that I'm seeing doing it.